News: Plan for historic clash between Indigenous side and NRL All Stars team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>MATT Bowen v Billy Slater. Greg Inglis v Michael Jennings. Scott Prince v Darren Lockyer.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/General-NRL/plan-for-historic-clash-between-indigenous-side-and-nrl-all-stars-team.html">Read the full article</a>

there was a discussion recently about whether name calling was racist. Picking a team due to race certainly is. That said i would enjoy that more than city country

Great idea. Being Aboriginal myself was great to see a team play the Maori's last year. Was the highlight of the World Cup for me. George Rose had good game and great to see Cliffy on the field again even if it was just running water.

Would be great entertaining game in the off season. Imagine the backline for the Aboriginal team. Bowen, Merritt, Hodges, Inglis, Carney, Prince, Thurston. Great showcase for the game.

Daring Eagle link said:
It would be better if it was against the Maori's

Yes, I think the same. The WC game was great and in particularly the pregame tribal confrontation.

DD1986 link said:
Would be great entertaining game in the off season. Imagine the backline for the Aboriginal team. Bowen, Merritt, Hodges, Inglis, Carney, Prince, Thurston. Great showcase for the game.

Good backline yes, but they might struggle in the forward depth. Who would they have ? Laurie, Rose, Webb, Thaiday...??

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=DD1986 link=topic=180238.msg220703#msg220703 date=1240879928]

Good backline yes, but they might struggle in the forward depth. Who would they have ? Laurie, Rose, Webb, Thaiday...??
[/quote]

Webb, Campbell, Rose, Thaiday, Patterson(Knights), Gordon bench Laurie, Widders, Soward, Palmer Wapau or Briggs from the dogs. Not the best forwards going around but if they can go decent the backline will create enough chances

all the manly fans should pick phil morewood to make sure none of our real players get injured

I would like to see the following:

A South Pacific cup, made up of Aboriginal, Maori, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga & PNG.

The format I’d like to use would be two pools of three.  That would give us six games in total (1 v 2, 2 v 3, 1 v 3) run over three weeks.
Both pool winners play off for the South Pacific Cup.

Advantages would be bringing the game to the Pacific were our growth area is and building up these minnow teams for the next world cup to hopefully give some better competition to NZ, Oz and the Poms.

Fluffy link said:
all the manly fans should pick phil morewood to make sure none of our real players get injured

phil morewood just read that and died a little inside.

Imagine if we picked an team of only white players for a tourny..............holy moly, reverse discrimination reaks too. As bad as women only gyms.......

You could pick a white only team to play an Aboriginal only team wouldnt' be a problem. Both peoples ultimate goal is the Australian team. The Kiwi's I believe used to have a Maori vs Pakeha game. Plus this is just an entertainment thing to most people not like a test match.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6