News: Police press on with Watmough inquiries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>HIS altercation with a club sponsor has been largely overshadowed by the sexual assault allegations against fullback Brett Stewart, but representative second-rower Anthony Watmough still faces punishment by the Sea Eagles - and possibly police. </p><p>The sponsor Watmough is alleged to have slapped during the club's boozy season launch is still considering pressing charges - even though the Test representative apologised to him the day after the altercation. It is understood the club will consider placing Watmough on an alcohol ban and is likely to fine him over the incident.</p><p> It is also understood police investigations are continuing and detectives are trying to obtain a statement from the sponsor. The corporate partner sponsor in question, who did not wish to be named, yesterday made it clear he was not completely satisfied with the apology issued on Saturday. "The guy needs to pull his head in," he said of Watmough. "They get a bit of alcohol in them. I don't know what I'm going to do at the moment. He's apologised, and I've accepted the apology, but I still need to decide where I go from here." </p><p> Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said the club was continuing its own investigations but expressed surprise that police were continuing theirs. "I'm a bit perplexed to hear the police are continuing to investigate, when as far as the hotel, the sponsor and the player are concerned, the issue's been resolved," Mayer said.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/police-press-on-with-watmough-inquiries.html">Read the full article</a>

"The guy needs to pull his head in," he said of Watmough. "They get a bit of alcohol in them.
And this from a sponsor who was allegedly ejected from the function twice.

The police have nowhere to go unless the guy makes a formal complaint - which would be pretty dumb in his circumstances.

A grown man taking a complaint of a "slap" to the police just needs to harden up.

Perhaps this sponsor is not the type of person we need associated with our club....... Harden up champ.

was Watmough really wearing a 'no remorse' t shirt to training? That is really poor from Choc.

KaZa link said:
was Watmough really wearing a 'no remorse' t shirt to training? That is really poor from Choc.
  He wore a "no remorse" T shirt when he met the sponsor to make the apology.  Up there with the bad boys T shirt SBW wore when he was interviewed about the Coffs Harbour rape.

But given Choc can't read I'd imagine he just picked up the shirt on top of the pile of washing.

All this crap will certainly make the boys come together, play determined footie and smash the Dogs.  Us against the world.     

I thought this was done and dusted!!!  Then I see the sponsor involved is now looking for his 15 mins of fame. His words to the club were that there was a small issue that has all been sorted out.

2009 - Update to - Police press on with Watmough inquiries

Old thread but I thought that as the Girl was a Sponsor's child, I would notify of her tragic passing last night - RIP Sarah :angel:

Moral of the story, do not use your phone whilst driving :(
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/update-former-miss-australia-contestant-sarah-durazza-was-on-mobile-phone-to-boyfriend-when-she-crashed-into-a-tree/story-fngr8hax-1226704733458
=========================================
Former Miss Australia contestant Sarah Durazza, who was killed in a car accident last night, was talking to her boyfriend on her mobile phone when she crashed into a tree, police believe.

Ms Durazza, a former Miss Freshwater model winner from Mona Vale, lost control of her car and crashed into a tree at Narrabeen.

"We believe she was talking to her boyfriend at the time," Assistant Commissioner John Hartley said at a press conference earlier today.

"He told police officers at the scene that he heard the crash over the phone and attended the scene straight (away)."

Relatives of Ms Durazza, including her father Paul, were on the scene at Wakehurst Parkway within minutes of the crash last night but could only wait as emergency services rushed to the aid of the 26-year-old woman.

Ms Durazza's death was the seventh in a horror day on NSW roads that also included a double fatality in Sydney's CBD when a scooter collided with a truck.

Ms Durazza was in 2009 famously caught up in an argument involving her father and Manly Sea Eagle Anthony Watmough at a Sea Eagles lunch

HappilyManly said:
Old thread but I thought that as the Girl was a Sponsor's child, I would notify of her tragic passing last night - RIP Sarah :angel:

Moral of the story, do not use your phone whilst driving :(
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/update-former-miss-australia-contestant-sarah-durazza-was-on-mobile-phone-to-boyfriend-when-she-crashed-into-a-tree/story-fngr8hax-1226704733458
=========================================
Former Miss Australia contestant Sarah Durazza, who was killed in a car accident last night, was talking to her boyfriend on her mobile phone when she crashed into a tree, police believe.

Ms Durazza, a former Miss Freshwater model winner from Mona Vale, lost control of her car and crashed into a tree at Narrabeen.

"We believe she was talking to her boyfriend at the time," Assistant Commissioner John Hartley said at a press conference earlier today.

"He told police officers at the scene that he heard the crash over the phone and attended the scene straight (away)."

Relatives of Ms Durazza, including her father Paul, were on the scene at Wakehurst Parkway within minutes of the crash last night but could only wait as emergency services rushed to the aid of the 26-year-old woman.

Ms Durazza's death was the seventh in a horror day on NSW roads that also included a double fatality in Sydney's CBD when a scooter collided with a truck.

Ms Durazza was in 2009 famously caught up in an argument involving her father and Manly Sea Eagle Anthony Watmough at a Sea Eagles lunch

Really poor place for this ****,needs its own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8