News: Power of one team angry at the world

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rex

Bencher
FOLLOWING his side's loss to the Warriors in round two, Manly coach Des Hasler phoned this office, disgruntled at a single-word adjective that had been attached to Brett Stewart in that day's newspaper.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/power-of-one-team-angry-at-the-world.html">Read the full article</a>

Sounds to me like Andrew Webster had decided to play tag team with Jacquelin Magnay, both vying for the most irritating 'pick the scab' award. Crocodile tears from me for the poor hacks who felt slighted considering their handling of everything to do with the Stewart allegations.

Not angry at the world Mr Webster , just fools like you and the rest of your kind in the media who are struggling for a story and keep rehashing the same daily dribble.

Any one who can watch the press conference over on MWSE then you so. It clearly shows up to me that the leppers were only interested in Brett bashing again. Well done Dessie...........

Good to see Ox give it back to the tool who says we have the worst crowds in Sydney.

Jessica Halloran was on 702ABC this morning and she was trotting out the same company line, criticising the Manly fans for their support of Stewart, saying Des and Ox's attitude at the press conference was immature. But the best one of all was that she then tried to defend Australia Post's decision to leave Brett Stewart off their stamp collection. I was cringing as I was listening to her try to formulate an intelligent argument......the best she could come up with was "hello ! the guy has been charged with sexual assault". I'm constantly amazed at the low standards of intelligence that exist in the media these days, there used to be a time when they commanded respect. These days they are agenda pushing rumour mongers.

We've all met these media "personalities" at play time in kindergarten.  They cried then too.

It's always been Manly vs the world, except for one brief moment in 2008 where the majority of the Rugby League world saw Melbourne (especially Cam Smith) as worse demons than Manly, and acknowledged that Manly had worked bloody hard to rebuild from scratch and claim a title.
One GF story was titled "How Manly overcame the myth of the Silvertail."
What I think is amusing in all the anti Manly media this year, suddenly we're Silvertails again. It's common knowledge that Manly isn't a wealthy club, but of course the media rehashes old 70's, 80's stuff and calls the Manly club and it's fans Silvertails following the boardroom dramas and the off-field incidents after the season launch.
Pass the champagne and caviar please.
Manly vs The World and Manly to win.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7