News: Rats nest at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't we pay a lot of money to use the ground each year? Why would we invite a rival code into our spiritual home ground?

Good news for us if true. I've got no love for the Rats but it would certainly help in getting funding for Brookie.

Would be a shame to see Rat Park go unused though, very nice little ground.

I read the topic title and thought Oh No now there are rats running around Brookie

edit
There probably are I guess but not in sight

I can only see the positives from it - it may just shut the "Open Brookie up to all & sundry" supporters. It may also embarrass Warringah Council to do more repairs to the oval & the facilities.

On the negative side, with limited attention the groundsman spends on the oval, will the grass have time to recover sufficiently during the damp times of winter?

Haha - I did the same thinking that Brookie now hat a rat infestation and the players were having to share their dressing room.

dowdz said:
Don't we pay a lot of money to use the ground each year? Why would we invite a rival code into our spiritual home ground?

Because if it doesn't become a multi-purpose venue there won't be one cent of council / government funding directed towards it. I would have thought we should have been actively seeking out other sporting and community groups to become co-tenants, otherwise all Brookie Oval will be is a 'spiritual' home ground with the odd trial game (eg Redfern Oval) while our actual home ground will be some soulless venue like SFS or Bluetongue.

I'm all for it, as long as they pay to use the ground the same way we do. As others have said, the more groups that use the oval then the stronger the case for money to be spent.

The rats wouldn't be able to afford the type of rent we pay for the ground, Really depends on how many times they need to use it. If it conflicts with NRL scheduling too much it might become an issue.

Good news for us. More teams playing there the more likely for some sort of re-development. As well, surely it will mean less money paid to the council by us for exclusive use.

Can you imagine what all those contested scrums are going to do to a surface that is already the boggiest in the NRL?

This is great news. Another code on the ground means more people through the gate and more reason to upgrade it as it is a dual facility then.

Matabele said:
Can you imagine what all those contested scrums are going to do to a surface that is already the boggiest in the NRL?

It's club rugby lets be honest, they may as well just have a BBQ and a few beers in the middle of the park and take a few shots at goal each

Berkeley_Eagle said:
I read the topic title and thought Oh No now there are rats running around Brookie

edit
There probably are I guess but not in sight

I was hoping Christina Kirsch had put her house up for sale and this was the title of the ad.

Anything use for Brookie that does not involve "sandal-wearing, muesli-chewing, bike-riding pedestrians" (to quote Paul Keating) is good news I think, although everbody concerned appears to be keeping their options wide open.

It makes a mockery of Warringah Councils recent upgrading of the ground surface when they voated to do only did half a job. They should have completly renovated it as it will now resemble a cow paddock after the rats pack is continually pushed back 20 metres every scrum

At least we may now get a full time groundsman back to the oval as they wont be required at rat park.

Could Rat Park be sold to a developer and the proceeds used to place sail covers over the Brookvale Hill?

Sounds like this Cr. Regan is a rugby lover trying to push his own cart forward. I am sure that the Sea Eagles bring in more money for the council than what the Rats do. The council and state government really need to look at a modern facility for the Northern Beaches. The obvious place is Brookvale Oval. That being that it is Manlys homeground make it more obvious. I love Brookvale Oval as it is but something really needs to be done either in the form of renovations or aborting the use of Brookvale Oval as our main home ground.

MadMarcus said:
Anything use for Brookie that does not involve "sandal-wearing, muesli-chewing, bike-riding pedestrians" (to quote Paul Keating) is good news I think,

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to express once again my bromance for Paul Keating.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6