News: Refs to crack down on 'down town' offsides

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p />NRL referees are preparing to crack down on players chasing down kick receivers from offside positions in 2010, penalising where the kick was taken.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4523-refs-to-crack-down-on-down-town-offsides.html">Read the full article</a>

Why take the penalty back there?  Give the penalty where the illegal play occurred, where the defender/attacker came inside the 10 metres..  Police the current rules, not tinker.  Can't these idiots get anything right?  The problem, as I see it, is in the pathetic assistance the linesmen give the refs.  Flags should go up whenever an offside play is noticed.  The NRL should not employ blind men to run the line.  My apologies to any sight impaired blogger. 

So they'll make a bid song and dance about it for 5 rounds and then forget about it.  Remember that ridiculous roughing the kicker penalty we conceded against the Dogs that turned the game in Round 1?  And by mid-season far worse hits were going unpunished.  Hopefully we take the tip and ride it out.

It is good news for us seeing as it will give Bullet more room to cut them to ribbons.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
I like it, we will see full backs and wingers at least a chance to get a full steam up

Precisely and that is why we also need the 10 metre rule for attack and defence. It will quicken the game

Quicken the game?  Is that what people want.  Just make it tip and turn over, that'll please the masses.

DSM5 link said:
Quicken the game?  Is that what people want.  Just make it tip and turn over, that'll please the masses.

Everyone should HARDEN the #$%^ up.
Bring back unlimited tackles for the heritage round along with neutral scrum feeds.

DSM5 link said:
Quicken the game?  Is that what people want.  Just make it tip and turn over, that'll please the masses.

From an attacking perspective it should make the game more exciting to watch, either way I am not fussed just as long as we have a our team playing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7