News: Robbo primed to play up a storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY captain Matt Orford is backing Michael Robertson to deliver the goods in Friday night’s grand final replay at Brookvale Oval. Robertson has been forced to fill the No. 1 jumper with Brett Stewart sidelined for at least the next 10 weeks following knee surgery. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/robbo-primed-to-play-up-a-storm.html">Read the full article</a>

TO SOME it was a shock that Sea Eagles hooker Matt Ballin was named in a preliminary Queensland State of Origin squad yesterday but Manly coach Des Hasler simply said: "It doesn't surprise me in the least."

Ballin was part of a 25-man Maroons squad which will be culled before Origin I in Melbourne on June 3.

Although aware Ballin was behind Melbourne's Cameron Smith, Hasler was quick to praise his hooker, who is preparing for Friday night's big match against Melbourne at Brookvale Oval.

"Matt goes for 80 minutes and has a great motor," Hasler said. "His confidence and experience have certainly grown.

"If Cameron Smith was to fall over and injure himself, it seems Matt is now next in line.

"This is a great reward. He is tough and durable and has all the attributes for Origin football."

Queensland chairman of selectors, Des Morris, explained why Ballin snuck in ahead of North Queensland's Aaron Payne and Gold Coast's Nathan Friend.

"There were a few guys there that have just missed out," he said.

"But Matt can play back-row as well as hooker and he has been going very well for Manly, who won the Grand Final last year. They aren't going as well this year but his form has been pretty good.

"He was part of the (Queensland) emerging squad and his versatility probably got him the nod. But it will all depend on what we look for in terms of team make-up."

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4