News: Rodney ready for Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THE Sea Eagles lost a heck of a lot when hard-working backrower Shane Rodney was injured a few rounds out from the finals last season and was forced to undergo a serious knee operation.</p>
<p>Rodney has worked overtime over the past four months and is delighted with his progress. So much so that he has set his sights on being available against the Storm as his comeback match.</p>
<p>“I am not sure about the trials, but I’m feeling confident about the start of the premiership, if the coach wants me,” Rodney said.</p>
<p>He was having his best season since joining the club last year before he was injured.</p>
<p>Another player returning from a long layoff is winger David Williams. He is looking like a powerhouse at training.</p>
<p>“The Wolfman” missed all of last season after suffering a shoulder injury before the start of the 2010 premiership. He looked strong and fast in sessions this week and is keen to make up for lost time.</p>
<p>*****
Anyone thinking that Manly’s new 21-year-old halfback Daly Cherry-Evans is a shrinking violet needs to review their thoughts. DCE made his media debut on Wednesday and handled a 60-minute multitude of all-in and one-on-one print and electronic interviews with absolute ease and confidence.</p>
<p>He is aware of the massive job he has in the prized No. 7 jersey, but is relishing the challenge.</p>
<p>With a new three-year deal with the Sea Eagles in the bank, he is counting down to the trials and then the premiership.</p>
<p>“I have been given an excellent apprenticeship by the club,” Cherry-Evans said.</p>
<p>“They have brought me along slowly and have gradually upped the ante to the point where we are now out. The senior players and coaches have instilled confidence in me and I will do what is required. I already know my role in the team and what is expected.</p>
<p>“I am fortunate that I have great halfback mentors in Des Hasler and Geoff Toovey available to me every day. If I can’t learn off them, then I am an idiot.”</p>
<p>Cherry-Evans comes from good footy stock. His mum Kellie is the sister of former Brisbane Redcliffe forward legend Steve Cherry and his dad Troy is an ex-hooker with Redcliffe and Brisbane Norths.</p>
<p><a href="http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/bretts-return-great-news-for-loyal-fans/">http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/bretts-return-great-news-for-loyal-fans/</a></p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5326-rodney-ready-for-storm.html">Read the full article</a>

Cherry-Evans comes from good footy stock. His mum Kellie is the sister of former Brisbane Redcliffe forward legend Steve Cherry and his dad Troy is an ex-hooker with Redcliffe and Brisbane Norths.

Ahhhh :)  .. good, its in his blood .. ;)

Shane link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=186264.msg311772#msg311772 date=1295008529]
I thought he tore his cruciate ligament and needed a full knee reconstruction?

ACL is a cruciate ligament if im not wrong :)
[/quote]

ACL = Anterior Cruciate Ligament

jjai link said:
Cherry-Evans comes from good footy stock. His mum Kellie is the sister of former Brisbane Redcliffe forward legend Steve Cherry and his dad Troy is an ex-hooker with Redcliffe and Brisbane Norths.

Ahhhh :)  .. good, its in his blood .. ;)

And his uncles were the famous Manly player J P Cherry and Cam Cherry who used to play for the roosters years ago.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2