News: Rookie half a chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
<p>TRENT Hodkinson starred in Sunshine Coast’s stellar debut Queensland Cup season last year. And now the Manly halfback finds himself in a two-way tussle to wear the Silvertails number 7 jersey in the NRL this year.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4563-rookie-half-a-chance.html">Read the full article</a>

Foran being re-signed for an additional 2 years added to next one certainly tells ME who's getting the gig this year??

I still say the best bet is the both of them.

We could build long term around the kids.

We need both. After last year's let-down some youthful exuberance is just what the doctor ordered for our team. The player I would love to see kick on is Whare. With his pace and evasion in the same team as Snake we could become spectacular in attack once again. I hope he gets a chance at some stage (and hope he makes more of it than Newmann did last year).

plan is for hodgkinson and foran to play halves.may shuffle around in first couple of rounds with lyon but they are the planned halves for year if perform as expected.if anyone is to be shifted from halves it will be foran.

hodgkinson is a halfback who was rated better than anyone including mortimer  two years ago before horrifying injury.took sunshine coast from 10th in round 8 or 9 to win the comp last year.saw four or five games.super,super kicking game,plays direct using backrowers ,plays the percentages(which you orford haters will like)and will be a star in a couple of years,as will foran iether at lock like dallas johnson or a running 5/8.what a talent he is!

as for tony williams in centres....please!!!!can you imagine hayne and tahu or slater and inglis running at him from 20 out.

lyon and matai will do the centres job admirably with a couple of youngsters and farrar snapping at their heels(not williams)

as for orford.we bought him to get us off the floor(we were mercilessly flogged by 40 by  parra in 7 v8 year before)...5th,second,first(40 nil)...slowing down in 09,niggling injuries and making absolutely terrible decisions under pressure,sent him on his way...perfect admin in my book.when the northern eagles folded how many people thought we would win a comp  in a few short years- so dont be too harsh.we bought him to win a comp and we beat one of the best teams ever 40 nil.some have short memories.i was in dressing room after 08 GF.he could barely walk due to chronic foot and groin problems.did not get off chair for hour and a half.job done i say.he was a  a shadow of his former self in 09 ,he is rightfully gone and now it is onwards and upwards with a very exciting couple of future stars.

my tip this year 4th or 5th.

this new 7 will be a franchise maker in 2 or 3 years,believe me.

Thanks Sue, really interesting stuff. I think everyone knew about Orford's groin problems. He did well to do what he did with it, but I still don't understand why he insisted on taking line dropouts when he couldn't kick it more than 35 metres at best.
I'd love to see Hodkinson/Foran but whatever happens I'm excited this year, although not expecting a lot for the first few rounds.

I concur with Cletus.  If the guys groin was stuffed, why did he take ALL the kicks.  Terrible ball-hogging.  I'm excited and hope that Lyon is back in the centres with Hodkinson and Foran making play in the halves.  Bring it on.   

Bradza link said:
Glad to see that the pipe has been cleared Sue. Good to have you back.

I saw the name but is susan ridgepipe the same sue ridgepipe from a few years ago & is larry tate II the same Larry Tate returned as well? If they are then who's next to return? Pepsi? lasvegas?

Has the same style as sue ridgepipe.  If so, welcome back.  Vegas is sue's brother.  Pepsi is too busy on Facebook.

Sue is correct that Orford was purchased to win us a comp which he did, but he was not the future.  Let's hope Hodkinson lives up to the wraps.

susan ridgepipe link said:
plan is for hodgkinson and foran to play halves.may shuffle around in first couple of rounds with lyon but they are the planned halves for year if perform as expected.if anyone is to be shifted from halves it will be foran.

hodgkinson is a halfback who was rated better than anyone including mortimer  two years ago before horrifying injury.took sunshine coast from 10th in round 8 or 9 to win the comp last year.saw four or five games.super,super kicking game,plays direct using backrowers ,plays the percentages(which you orford haters will like)and will be a star in a couple of years,as will foran iether at lock like dallas johnson or a running 5/8.what a talent he is!

as for tony williams in centres....please!!!!can you imagine hayne and tahu or slater and inglis running at him from 20 out.

lyon and matai will do the centres job admirably with a couple of youngsters and farrar snapping at their heels(not williams)

as for orford.we bought him to get us off the floor(we were mercilessly flogged by 40 by  parra in 7 v8 year before)...5th,second,first(40 nil)...slowing down in 09,niggling injuries and making absolutely terrible decisions under pressure,sent him on his way...perfect admin in my book.when the northern eagles folded how many people thought we would win a comp  in a few short years- so dont be too harsh.we bought him to win a comp and we beat one of the best teams ever 40 nil.some have short memories.i was in dressing room after 08 GF.he could barely walk due to chronic foot and groin problems.did not get off chair for hour and a half.job done i say.he was a  a shadow of his former self in 09 ,he is rightfully gone and now it is onwards and upwards with a very exciting couple of future stars.

my tip this year 4th or 5th.

this new 7 will be a franchise maker in 2 or 3 years,believe me.

what a spectacular 1st post, you are signing all the right notes IMO.

ManlyBacker link said:
It is identical to the old sue posts - so welcome back happy head :) And yes Jethro, Larry 2 is the same as Larry 1.

Well I wonder why the new login names?

probably forgot their old passwords and havent been able to recover them

Dan link said:
probably forgot their old passwords and havent been able to recover them

Couldn't they just contact you and have them reset?

She does show the same karisma, along with a touch of arrogance as the old Sue - could be one and the same girl

it is sue.been too busy last couple of years.fluffy agreeing with me is a worry.but we all agree on one thing.a lot of heartbreak must have gone int getting rid of orford but it was the best thing particularly with blokes like foran and hodkinson knocking on the door and him obviously past his prime.had to keep them.

does anyone know anything about an u20 st george centre we apparently stole under bennets nose last year.remembered it last night..there were big wraps but i havent asked anyone if he did come over.

Hi Sue & welcome back

Dean Whare is his name and he has come over, played in the first trial and scored a try - haven't seen him run round yet so dont know what to make of him.

thanks wheel.catch you at brooky no doubt this year.still on gold coast but expect to get to 6 or 7 games.

i thought it might be whare as his name has cropped up in th threads.the word when it happened was that bennett was absolutely filthy he got away which is a good indicator.

my mail is that rose,hoppas son and wait for it-tony williams -have been training the house down.whares name did not pop up so des probably has him doing a year in lower grades which is his usual modus operandi with  young blokes.maybe hoppas kid is a freak as they are looking at blooding him.really centre is the only place you'd think he could get a run barring injuries.when i see williams mark up properly in defence and show more urgency i will believe it-until then sunshine coast is not far enough away for him.any amount of natural attacking ability,would love to see him aim up.anyone who saw him in the QCUP GF would have thought it was greg inglis.men against boys.unfortunately they are men in the NRL each and every week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7