News: Rooster Hooker caught drink driving

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

blitzkrieg

Reserve Grader
<strong>Sydney Roosters hooker Jake Friend has been charged with a high range drink driving offence and will appear in court next month.</strong><div id="storybody" /><p>The Roosters said in a statement that Friend will face the club's disciplinary committee later this week, but refused to comment any further on the matter. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Other-Teams/rooster-hooker-caught-drink-driving.html">Read the full article</a>

I wonder how Gallop will react to this. Drink Driving  > Kick out of bar.
6-8 weeks suspension?

Could it have been timed more perfectly?

This will surly show the colours of the NRL. I am expecting the excuse "Friend was not place with the same level of responsibility to the game as Stewart, he is free to play until trial."

Well they acted because they thought Manly were not acting enough.

He should be stepped down if there is any integrity in the league in my opinion

I bet the Arse Clown conveniently turns off his mobile phone today

I think the length of penalty will be interesting (be it from the Roosters or NRL - although as a "lesser" player you can be sure the penalty will be harsher than if it was Anasta etc...)

The charge would indicate there has been excessive drinking - therefore he could be suspended on the basis of that rather than the charge....all that said chances are Roosters will stand him down for a few weeks till it blows over.....then watch for the media to show how "tough" the roosters are compared to Manly who wanted stewie to play.....

because he isnt the face of the NRL he will probably only get a week

The truth of the matter is that it wasn't the poor Rooster fella's fault. He was at Brett Stewart's house and Brett fed the young fella way too much alcohol.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179689.msg213356#msg213356 date=1237257910]
because he isnt the face of the NRL he will probably only get a week

In all fairness had we sat Stewart out for 1 week or maybe 2 the NRL couldn't have really acted at all.
[/quote]

I agree with that opinion too. If we sat him down for at least a week they likely wouldnt have stepped in

Gallop is going to have to completely re-invent a judicial style charge sheet for off-field incidents. Figures are week penalties on the sidelines

Status in the game
Junior player +1
Senior player +2
Face of the game +4 (with option to extend)

Type of offence:
Drinking at NRL function +1
Drink Driving range: low +2; med +3; high +5
Sh*tfaced and crapping in shoe +8
Verbal disagreement against the NRL +2
Violence against a male member of the public +8
Violence against women +1
Nudie run during season +4
Nudie run end of season -2 (but coach will make you pay for not scoring)
Mad Monday and in newspapers +1
Mad Monday and arrested +3

News Ltd Team rebates
Brisbane -12
Melbourne -10
Others -6
Non-News 0
Manly +6 and $100,000 (just 'cos)

We will be watching for your consistency and the delivery of your new made-up rules to all the club CEOs.

Manly Backer.  This is such a good post it should have been one of mine.  You must email it to the NRL now.  Interesting to see a response.

B.Eagle, you didn't mention anything about weeing. Some players like to wee in adventurous places after a drop or two, therefore that should be on the list.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4