News: Roosters sign Lama Tasi, 'next Jarea Waerea-Hargreaves'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
<div class="story-intro" />
<p>Sydney Roosters have snared a big-hitting forward from Queensland whom they believe will become as devastating as New Zealand international Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.<strong> </strong>Manly Toyota Cup forward Lama Tasi is a product of the Goodna Eagles club in Ipswich, and, like Waerea-Hargreaves, he played for Queensland schoolboys in rugby union.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5212-sydney-roosters-sign-toyota-cup-player-lama-tasi-next-jarea-waerea-hargreaves.html">Read the full article</a>

the sea eagles development company, proudly divided up by the Roosters!! To think we are paying Bailey and Cross a wage is sickening. We brought this kid thru and as soon as he is ready he takes off. Big questions on Des as to why they are leaving.

Plenty of third party endorsements just like the Broncos I would suggest.
Oh for the good old days!

Hargreaves was soo devastating in the grand final that some websites have nicknamed him Mary Hargraves. 

There were several better props than Tasi on display in the under 20's grand final. 

By going to the roosters he will guarantee he will never win a comp while Brian Smith is coach and the roosters won't have as good a season next year as they did this year when they had almost no injuries.

Do you remember Parramatta's outrage when we signed Tony Williams? These things happen, you can't keep them all. Tasi hasn't even had a sniff of a 1st grade game yet. Let's wait to see if he even makes it first before we slit our wrists. It's a big step up from the under 20s.

mcatt link said:
Do you remember Parramatta's outrage when we signed Tony Williams? These things happen, you can't keep them all. Tasi hasn't even had a sniff of a 1st grade game yet. Let's wait to see if he even makes it first before we slit our wrists. It's a big step up from the under 20s.

The difference between us and parramatta is the size of their juniors.  We don't have a huge junior nursery so when we get a good one we should keep a hold of them.  Its something until recently we were very good at.

for the 2 we have lost we have kept 4-5 (Hoppa,Oldfield,Whare,Buhrer,Lussick,Cunningham) im happy ! Tasi has yet to play 1st grade, and hargreaves will be rubbed out of the game if he doesnt change his style !

maybe just maybe the club knows what its doing , with a few players coming off contract at the end of 2011 and front end loading of a few players with orfords money we could be big players in the market in the next 12 months a fair few big names will be up for grabs ....

Yep, bring back Arko. He knew how to attract and retain talent, all within the books of course *cough*
[/quote]
There was no salary cap back then. Arthurson finished in the club secretary (now CEO) role in 1983 - seven years before the salary cap came in.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1287469226[/time]

Disappointed both are gone, but we still have a strong stable of kids.
[/quote]At the risk of offending some people (Graham Lowe are you reading this?), I am not too disappointed in seeing two Polynesian (or part-Polynesian) players leaving our stable. They are either too aggressive - i.e. Warea-Hargreaves or Matai - who can cost their team dearly with their brain explosions, or bludgers, who switch on or off (on the park) at will. The latter seem to be in the majority. Ever wonder why the Warriors have never been able to translate all that natural ability into a premiership win and why they have to bring in Pakeha (non-Maori/Polynesian) players (like Steve Price) to keep the others going forward? Tony Williams? The Iro brothers? Olsen Filipaina? These are huge men who are/were apparently too gentle or timid to use their size and speed to devastating effect - all of the time. It can be a cultural thing I know.
I think it was All Black great Andy Haden who said recently that the reason the Canterbury Crusaders had been so successful over many years was because they had never had too many 'darkies' (his word, not mine) in the team. Politically incorrect and probably a poor choice of words, but I think he is on to something.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8