News: Salary Cap auditor probes the Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THE NRL is investigating Melbourne over alleged salary-cap breaches that occurred during their premiership triumph last year.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4676-salary-cap-auditor-probes-the-storm.html">Read the full article</a>

NRL chief executive David Gallop confirmed his salary-cap team would fly to Melbourne this week to examine the Storm's books.

......and told them not to forget their blindfolds.

How much of a share in Fox Sports does News Ltd have?  I suspect it is significant.  In which case this scenario raises massive conflict of interest issues.  Which will be conveniently ignored of course .....

I would say "probe my arse" but it would be sure to be taken out of context and i have serious reservations about some of you lot.

Funnily enough i made a comment on the blog that comes up after the articles on The Daily Tele online and it didnt get published. I basically said who are News Limited trying to fool. They said "The club claims they have a letter from Fox Sports management declaring Smith was employed as a football expert and not because of his association with the Storm".

Are they for real? a News Ltd. club saying they have a letter from a News Ltd business being reported as a Storm in a tea cup by a News Ltd paper. But its ok cause it will be investigated by none other than News Ltd.

Bring on the Independent Commission.

The Irony is that it was these goons like Ribot and others that were banging on about Manly and Arko rigging things to suit themselves when he was running the ARL. So they decided to set up their own dictatorship.

Wankers 

BILLY Slater and Greg Inglis could be the next Melbourne Storm stars in the sights of NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert.

The NRL has already announced that Schubert will travel to Storm headquarters in the next week to comb the premier's books for third party sponsorships that have not been properly declared.

Skipper Cameron Smith - who has a $100,000 third party deal with Fox Sports - is already a target because Schubert believes the Storm should have declared $45,000 of that arrangement under its cap.

Although the club and Smith claim otherwise, Schubert thinks the Australian vice-captain has not done enough work with Fox Sports to warrant an exemption for the entire deal.

Inglis and Slater, like Smith, have signed long-term contract extensions with the Storm over the past two years, also have third party agreements with non-club sponsors.

The NRL last night refused to confirm what other players might be scrutinised but a well-placed source said Inglis and Slater were both on the hit-list.

According to the source, Schubert will also be attempting to satisfy himself that Slater and Inglis have done enough work with their third party sponsors to justify the exemptions that Melbourne have claimed.

If guilty, its likely the Storm would face a fine that reflects what amounts should have been declared.

Josh Massoud The Daily Telegraph

ManlyBacker link said:
If guilty, its likely the Storm would face a fine that reflects what amounts should have been declared.

Josh Massoud The Daily Telegraph

Now that could be read a number of ways, but if what it means is that the Storm breached the cap by say $75k then they would face a fine of $75k.

That of course would make the salary cap a sham as any club would view that as a free swing at avoiding the constraints of the cap.

LOL @ News thinking a nyone is fooled by this investigation.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6