News: Scott Donald retires

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Leeds Rhinos' Scott Donald will head home to Australia at the end of the English Super League season after announcing his retirement on Wednesday.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5073-scott-donald-retires.html">Read the full article</a>

Good luck in retirement Scott. A genuine speedster and knew how to score a try. From memory he was leading try scorer when we were near the bottom of the ladder.

Not many players pin their ears back and go for the corner like him - so many players now try to step back inside and score(but normally get tackled)

He did become a bit of a cult figure at brookie. His speed was one of the only things going for us back in those days.

Lyon_Roars link said:
He did become a bit of a cult figure at brookie. His speed was one of the only things going for us back in those days.
I recall one televised match where there was some amazing play from Donald. From memory the opposition made a break from their own territory, Donald turned and chased and ran him down, then ran down the player he had passed to, then the ball went loose, and Donald got it and sprinted most of the back to the other end where the whole thing started. All in the one movement, I could'nt recall ever seeing something like that before.

I remember a stunning pic from byso which became known as the 'beep beep' pic as Scotty split the opposition and headed for the line. ("Beep Beep" was an ode to the Road Runner from Wile E. Coyote fame).  I have it signed but currently in storage. Byso's site (byronimages.net) only goes back to '96 and it may have been a '95 game but wow it showed his abilities. In all the Rhino games I saw he never showed what he did for Manly  but I liked him for one who gave it his best. Best wishes Scotty.

He got 21 tries in 2003 - was equal fourth with Utai, Monaghan and Sing in try-scorers that year, after Wesser (25), Meli (23) and Vagana (22). He was a bright spot during our depressing years, and I'm glad he did so well with Leeds.

I still remember the absolute shocker he had against Penrith in his final year with us, couldn't catch the ball to save his life. I think Steppa was brought in as his permanent replacement for the rest of the season after that.

Darren link said:
his signing by us wouldn't be a surprise when considering the current ages of \"talent\" we have.

Have we got a back over 30 Darren ? Outside of Lyon and Robbo they are all 25 or under

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6