News: SEA EAGLES NAME TOP SQUAD FOR WARRIORS TRIAL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Zep

Bencher
<p>Manly coach Des Hasler has named a full strength squad of 22 for Saturday’s final trial against the New Zealand Warriors at North Harbour Stadium in Auckland.

Hasler will field his expected starting 13 for the Wests Tigers opening premiership match on Monday March 15, for at least 30 minutes of the trial.

All major off season buys – Joe Galuvao, Matt Cross, Terence Seu Seu and Dean Whare – will make the hit and run trip across the Tasman.

Halfbacks Kieran Foran and Trent Hodkinson will also get an opportunity to press for the number seven jersey although Foran is equally at home at five eighth.

North Harbour officials are tipping a big crowd for the trial following two consecutive trial wins by the Warriors.

The Sea Eagles squad which will travel to Auckland on Friday is:

Chris Bailey

Matt Ballin

Matt Cross

Kieran Foran

Joe Galuvao

Trent Hodkinson

William Hopoate

Jason King©

Brent Kite

Jamie Lyon ©

Steve Matai

Josh Perry

Michael Robertson

Shane Rodney

George Rose

Terence Seu Seu

Brett Stewart

Glenn Stewart

Anthony Watmough

Dean Whare

David Williams

Tony Williams</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4569-sea-eagles-name-top-squad-for-warriors-trial.html">Read the full article</a>

I can't understand why the NRL can't sell these latter trials to Fox.  More people would look at these games than the limp golf, or some car race from Dubai.  The game between the Roosters and Tiggers, Penriff v Parra, Manly v warriors surely would sell. 

I am hoping that Kiwi Eagle will be our roving reporter for this game.  I would love to know who the 'starting 13' are at this stage.  My gut feel is

Brett
Wolfman
Williams T
Matai
Robbo
Killer
Foran
Glen S
Choc
Gulavo (sic)
King
Ballin
Kite

Bench
Seu Seu
Big George
Perry
Rodney/Bailey (the new Willos)

Am i looking through maroon coloured glasses because in my eyes that team looks highly competitive.

Agreed about the trials DSM, if they have footage on the news surely they could put some television package together

swoop link said:
I hope they play Hodkinson 7 and Foran at 5/8th to see how they go.

I'd like to see that too.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=182475.msg252323#msg252323 date=1266816458]
Please no injuries from the trial

I am hoping bailey does his knee - only joking
[/quote]

Knee injuries are generally done from exertion, so we've got no worries about Bailey doing any damage. Seriously, our roster is of such great quality (thanks to Crusher / Mayer / Lowe), that we do not need players who:-

1. Plays the ball slower than Mal Kafusi;
2. Goes into the fetal position when a defender touches him;
3. Is too small for a backrower;
4. Is too big and lacks the speed, creativity and skill to be a 5/8;
5. Generally looks disinterested.

I've said this a number of times. He struggled to make the 1st 17 for a Newcastle side that came last that year with Brian Smith as coach.

There is a reason for that, and it's not because he was playing dominant in reserve grade - put it that way.

I was surprised to see him referred to him having 'the inside running" to be in the starting back row. I suspect Gaulavo will soon take a spot if not from the outset.

Bailey = new silvertails whipping boy ?  ;)

Jatz - what do you mean new, I think he got whipped last season even when Ox was still here

The Wheel link said:
Jatz - what do you mean new, I think he got whipped last season even when Ox was still here

Yeah I know. But I was hoping i could stir Ryan into action with some more prime time whip joy.

He'd be the ONLY player that is unsatisfactory, and imo surplus to requirement. He has brought his Newcastle attitude with him, and it rubbed off on a few players last year.

Tell me who'd you drop out of these backrowers in place of Bailey:-

11. Watmough
12. Rodney
13. Stewart
17. Galuvao
18. Williams (Probably the closest)

www.warriors.co.nz

Experienced winger Manu Vatuvei will have his first NRL trial of the year when he lines up against Manly at North Harbour Stadium on Saturday.
Vatuvei (23) missed the club’s opening trial against the Sydney Roosters on February 13 because he was playing for the NRL All Stars against the Indigenous All Stars in Robina.
While he travelled with the squad to Cairns last week he was rested for the trial there against the North Queensland Cowboys.
As he prepares to start the 2010 NRL season, Vatuvei is just six games short of joining the list of players who have appeared in 100 first-grade games for the Vodafone Warriors. He also boasts the best strike rate among the club’s leading try scorers with 58 tries in 94 games.
With his return to the left wing, exciting Vodafone Junior Warriors winger Bill Tupou makes way but is included on an enlarged interchange bench.
Coach Ivan Cleary said Tupou, who is still eligible for the NYC this year, had made the most of his chances in the 26-8 and 28-6 victories in the first two trials.
“We’ve been really impressed with what Bill has done and he’ll get more game time at some stage in this trial against Manly,” said Cleary.
Starting in the halves against the Sea Eagles will be off-season signings Brett Seymour and James Maloney with Joel Moon, who had the first 20 minutes at standoff against the Cowboys, moving out into the centres with Jerome Ropati.
Of the starting forward pack used against the Cowboys, the only changes see 2009 Kiwi Ben Matulino in the second row for promising 2008-2009 Vodafone Junior Warrior Sione Lousi and Russell Packer starting in the front row instead of new recruit Jeremy Latimore.
While veteran centre Brent Tate hasn’t been named in the squad it’s possible he will come into the line-up for his first outing since his second major knee injury in three seasons.
Front-line players not considered for this match were captain Simon Mannering, prop Steve Price, hooker Ian Henderson and fullback Wade McKinnon. Mannering and McKinnon are expected to be available for the first-round match against Gold Coast on March 14 while Henderson is sidelined for a few weeks with a knee injury and Price will miss the start of the season but could return soon after.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES

North Harbour Stadium, Albany
5.00pm, Saturday, February 27
Referees: Jared Maxwell and Gerard Sutton

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 LANCE HOHAIA
2 KEVIN LOCKE
3 JOEL MOON
4 JEROME ROPATI
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 BRETT SEYMOUR
8 SAM RAPIRA
9 AARON HEREMAIA
10 RUSSELL PACKER
11 LEWIS BROWN
12 BEN MATULINO
13 MICHEAL LUCK (c)
Interchange:
14 ALEHANA MARA
15 JEREMY LATIMORE
16 SIONE LOUSI
17 PATRICK AH VAN
18 SHAUN JOHNSON
20 JESSE ROYAL
21 JACOB LILLYMAN
22 BILL TUPOU

COACH: IVAN CLEARY

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles vs Ipswich team announcement
Manly Sea Eagles
Thursday, 25 February 2010

The trial team for Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles vs Ipswich:

Dennis Sandow
Michael Chapman
Filinga Filiga
Kyle Lodge
Mark Page
Daly Cherry-Evans
Ben Whiddon
Junior Palau
Cameron Joyce
John Platt
Vic Mauro
Darcy Lassick
John Muir
Jamie Buhrer
Zane McCarthy
Simon Allen
Wiremu Ratana

I'd like to see more of Rodney this year, hope he stays injury free.

Is this the game where we wear the indigenous jersey, the one where fans had two choices?

CENTRE Brent Tate and fullback Wade McKinnon have been added to the New Zealand Warriors line-up for today's trial against Manly at North Harbour Stadium.

Tate hasn't played since a season-ending knee injury against his old Brisbane club in the third match of the club's 2009 campaign.

Earlier this week the 27-year-old was confident he would be able to have time on the field against the Sea Eagles and, after training well yesterday morning, he was added to an enlarged bench.

Joining him is experienced fullback McKinnon, who had seemed likely to miss the last two trials after rolling his ankle in training ahead of last weekend's clash against North Queensland in Cairns.

However, McKinnon, 29, recovered well early in the week and ran freely in training yesterday to claim a spot on the bench against the Sea Eagles.

Manly coach Des Hasler has named his first-choice side to start the trial, which will be played in 40-minute halves rather than 20-minute quarters as has been the case in the Warriors' previous trials.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4