News: Sea Eagles want out of Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THE Manly Sea Eagles are seriously considering walking away from their spiritual home at Brookvale. The Manly Daily can reveal chief executive Graham Lowe has already held talks with Manly Mayor Jean Hay about the possibility of shifting to Manly Oval, with lower-grade games to be played at Rat Park.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5368-sea-eagles-want-out-of-brookie.html">Read the full article</a>

Oh my gawd. Capacity of 16,000?

Are they serious about this, or is this a lame attempt at playing games with warringah council.

They have to be joking..

I presume that the Football Club were appraised of the plans and gave the go ahead, and this enabled the SE Board to approve the approach by Lowe to Manly Council. Then again maybe not.

Supposedly the FC holds one Preference Share in the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited giving the members of the Football Club ownership of the Name and Colours and guarantees no less than 10 home games at Brookvale Oval.

im sure its jsut an excuse to get the lack of movement from the council back into the media in order to add pressure

nita link said:

Are they serious about this, or is this a lame attempt at playing games with warringah council.

They have to be joking..

I'd wager that it's an attempt to prod Warringah Council into action. It's worth a shot, they don't seem to respond to much.

Manly Oval wouldn't be viable in it's current state but it shouldn't take much to get it there. Better lighting & some temporary stands (until more permanent structures can be erected) should tick the boxes.

I wouldn't worry about the capacity, it's not like we regularly get 15k+ at Brookie regardless. Move the big games to the SFS.

The whole idea is a pipe dream but it's fun to entertain. I'll always love Brookie but it's not hard to see how Warringah Council are forcing MWSE's hand in this respect.

Wolfpack link said:
[quote author=nita link=topic=186520.msg317090#msg317090 date=1298316704]

They have to be joking..

I'd wager that it's an attempt to prod Warringah Council into action. It's worth a shot, they don't seem to respond to much.

Manly Oval wouldn't be viable in it's current state but it shouldn't take much to get it there. Better lighting & some temporary stands (until more permanent structures can be erected) should tick the boxes.

I wouldn't worry about the capacity, it's not like we regularly get 15k+ at Brookie regardless. Move the big games to the SFS.

The whole idea is a pipe dream but it's fun to entertain. I'll always love Brookie but it's not hard to see how Warringah Council are forcing MWSE's hand in this respect.
[/quote]

That's what I'm thinking move them to the SFS.

Heh, don't get me wrong I don't want a move to the SFS. I only put it up as a solution to the problem of the low capacity of manly oval.

The SFS has no soul unless SFC are playing, not to mention that sharing a ground with the Roosters & Westies would make me sick.

Wolfpack link said:
Heh, don't get me wrong I don't want a move to the SFS. I only put it up as a solution to the problem of the low capacity of manly oval.

The SFS has no soul unless SFC are playing, not to mention that sharing a ground with the Roosters & Westies would make me sick.

Could have been a whole lot worse. Could have been ANZ

Makes sense to me! Both as a way to get pressure put on the council and as an alternative. If upgrading the other grounds would work then that's a lot better option then sfs or Anz if we have to leave Brookie.

"The Sea Eagles are furious that government funding they believed was destined for new facilities at Brookvale has been used instead on maintenance"

This would appear to be the reason for the announcement. Sounds like the funding to council may not have had enough strings attached?

Worth a look. Manly council has planned a massive upgrade of the town centre which includes putting a parking station under manly oval. If the tennis courts can go, there is room for a big stand on that side of the ground. It would be cheaper though for brookie to be upgraded. State money would be necessary for either project.

Shoe1 link said:
Worth a look. Manly council has planned a massive upgrade of the town centre which includes putting a parking station under manly oval. If the tennis courts can go, there is room for a big stand on that side of the ground. It would be cheaper though for brookie to be upgraded. State money would be necessary for either project.

The question might be the attitude of each council rather then state money, with the Libs set to win in the next election.

The Rat Park option makes sense to me. Plenty of room for expansion and they already train at Narrabeen. Downside is its still bloody Warringah council.

Have the Sea Eagles ever considered the Academy of Sport as a viable option to built state of the art stadium and facilities?

To me that would be the best alternative, with perhaps the only issue being public transport access.

I wonder if Warringah council staff have stopped rolling around the floor laughing yet?

If our CEO indicated that we were going to move to the Football stadium or Homebush then his threat would have some credability. 

But moving us to play at manly oval is the biggest joke of all time. The ground has a capacity of about 2,000 with most of those standing.  It has as much chance of happening as us playing at seaforth oval.

yep imagine a Titans  type stadium with a underground carpark at Narrabeen HQ

Post  automatically merged: [time]1298324390[/time]

call Tinkler to see if he wants to invest

They want us to leave, so they are not going to jolt into action if we threaten to do so!

Nice try Lowie.  I can't blame you for trying this as I can't think of a better approach.

Dealing with f---wits is difficult!

MadMarcus link said:
Nice try Lowie.  I can't blame you for trying this as I can't think of a better approach.
  So you're fine with him putting out a threat so nonsensical that it defies all rational logic?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=MadMarcus link=topic=186520.msg317115#msg317115 date=1298325615]
  So you're fine with him putting out a threat so nonsensical that it defies all rational logic?
[/quote]

This would be Lowe's third front page effort at claims of moving all games away from Brookie. I guess he is in the try and try again school.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4