News: Selection headaches for Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THESE are the Sea Eagles players going head-to-head for spots in the NRL team for round one when the club plays its final trial match this weekend.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4571-selection-headaches-for-hasler.html">Read the full article</a>

Same story....fill in the blanks....trotted out yearly

I agree wheel. I could list for you right now Des round one team selection. God ol' predictable Dessie ! Hehehehe

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Why do coaches never have selection gut aches? Or selection sore throats?
because thoughts of selection deal with the head not the throat or stomach

Nate link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=182479.msg252415#msg252415 date=1266915395]
Why do coaches never have selection gut aches? Or selection sore throats?
because thoughts of selection deal with the head not the throat or stomach
[/quote]
Why don't they get a selection sprain from wrestling with a dilemma?

Mark from Brisbane link said:
OK Ryan whats your YART for round one???

Don't encourage him. If you look in any thread of the last two weeks you'll find one.

Matas we agree on something, that centre pairing of Williams and Matai is a worry.  Slow to turn and chase, poor and inexperienced in defensive strategies.  Lyon to centre for mine to give them some tips and clean up.  Hodkinson at half and Foran at 5/8th.  Lyon is the best defensive centre in the game imo.     

Possible that Des will play safe and start with Farrar and Matai in the centres, the only other mystery is the bench 2 props, Seu Seu, Galuvao, and Rodney. Who's going to miss out ?

DSM5 link said:
Matas we agree on something, that centre pairing of Williams and Matai is a worry.   Slow to turn and chase, poor and inexperienced in defensive strategies.  Lyon to centre for mine to give them some tips and clean up.  Hodkinson at half and Foran at 5/8th.  Lyon is the best defensive centre in the game imo.     

Some here seem to think that T-Rexs form at centre in the eels under 20s is the indicator.

Why isnt he being looked at as a 2nd rower coming off the bench ?

manlyborn link said:
Possible that Des will play safe and start with Farrar and Matai in the centres, the only other mystery is the bench 2 props, Seu Seu, Galuvao, and Rodney. Who's going to miss out ?

I think that center partnership is the most likely course of action given Des' history. I can see T-Rex coming in to cover for Farrar if he's still injured by the start of the season.

Out of those players above i'd say that Seu Seu will miss out. Ballin can play 80min no problem & last year Des showed signs of making Ballin play 80min permanently. Seu Seu is just a depth signing.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=182479.msg252461#msg252461 date=1266962897]
Matas we agree on something, that centre pairing of Williams and Matai is a worry.  Slow to turn and chase, poor and inexperienced in defensive strategies.  Lyon to centre for mine to give them some tips and clean up.  Hodkinson at half and Foran at 5/8th.  Lyon is the best defensive centre in the game imo.     

Some here seem to think that T-Rexs form at centre in the eels under 20s is the indicator.

[/quote]

Yeah i wonder why our coaching staff havent thought of that.......

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=182479.msg252482#msg252482 date=1266969937]
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=182479.msg252461#msg252461 date=1266962897]

[/quote]

Yeah i wonder why our coaching staff havent thought of that.......
[/quote]

Did my sarcasm antennai just ping Clon ?

Here is Des' round one team (not taking into consideration possible injury):-

01. Brett Stewart (I'm good with this)
02. Michael Robertson (even better)
03. Steve Matai (not my prefered option these days, but meh)
04. Ben Farrar (or Tony Williams in the event of injury)
05. David Williams (hopefully a better year ahead)
06. Jamie Lyon (I'm good here - Jamie is a gun anywhere)
07. Keiran Foran (Want him at 5/8, with Hodko at 1/2, but hey)
08. Jason King (well deserved - has stepped up)
09. Matt Ballin (Always reliable, always consistent)
10. Josh Perry (Needs to lift - last year was atrocious)
11. Anthony Watmough (needs to stay focused)
12. Chris Bailey
13. Glenn Stewart (Is a great player)

14. Terrence Seu Seu (or Farrar - only question)
15. Brent Kite (Hopefully is better)
16. George Rose (Should be starting)
17. Joe Galuvao (Hopefully is decent)

Players who shouldn't have missed out:-

18. Shane Rodney (How he will play for SCSE over Bailey is a joke)
19. Trent Hodkinson (we actually have NO 1/2 backs in our team)

As always Ryan...interesting.

I think you are close BUT I reckon we'll see

Lyon at Centre
Foran an 5/8
Hodgkinson at 7

Who misses out.....mmmm..maybe Matai??

Also I think Shane Rodney offered more at the end of 2009 than Chris Bailey, so I see Rodney in and Bailey out.

A lot of this depends on how the young halves go this weekend

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4