News: Sharks now caught in Cap scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Just announced the Sharks have been caught cheating the salary cap. The punishment is removal of 16 competition points (2009 & 2010 combined) and stripping of their 1978 AMCO Cup title.

More to come….

Souths have also been found guilty of rorting the cap.  As a result all titles won in the last ten years have been stripped and they will not accrue any further points this season.  

CEO Russell Crowe was said to be happy with getting off scot free.  

The Bears have been caught cheating the salary cap by using all the conscientious objectors to win their two Premierships against men missing limbs and suffering shell shock from the Western Front.  The NRL has stripped them of their two Premierships and are said to be investigating all teams that lost a game to them in the 70= years since, with strong allegations of match-throwing evident.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/the-man-who-found-the-storms-hidden-file-20100422-tg03.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The club's investigations had identified five former and current (until yesterday) executives who had known about the alleged book cooking; Hanson, Waldron, chief financial officer Paul Gregory, former chief financial officer Cameron Vale and former recruitment officer Peter O'Sullivan. Hanson had been stood down, along with Gregory. Schubert is believed to have been tipped off by a former Storm employee.

DID THEY KNOW?

Brian Waldron: former Storm CEO, who quit Melbourne Rebels today

Peter O'Sullivan: former Storm recruitment manager, now with Roosters

Cameron Vale: former Storm CFO, now with North Melbourne Kangaroos

Paul Gregory: Storm CFO (expected to stand down today)

Matt Hanson: Acting Storm CEO (stood down yesterday)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it Peter O'Sullivan that has ties with Kieran Foran's mother?

I hope that they didn't also take norths 1978 channel 10 challenge cup trophy as well.

tookey link said:
I hope that they didn't also take orths 1978 channel 10 challenge cup trophy as well.

Hey Tooks, it would appear that your memories of your former favourite team is fading as you are having trouble remembering how to spell their name. ;D

Hmm, thought the Roosters were recruiting well lately.

Must have got some of those 'creative accountants' that Bellamy kept crowing about as well.

Rothfield said there's another club about to be busted by the NRL. He said they were 800k over the cap.

Rothfield seems to insinuate Souths.  And of course they would have many backdoor ways to compensate players via Crowe and the perks he gives out.  Interesting that Burgess chose them over us, isn't it?  Work out how much their pack alone costs them - especially given they fortune it took to lure Asotosi away from the Dogs.

Dan link said:
oh god. please don;t let it be us

That feeling is horrible isn't it

Just have to back our guys involved in the club having some morals, which we seem to have had in the likes of Mayer etc running the joint

Dan link said:
oh god. please don;t let it be us

I don't think it is. In the Blog he was asked if bellyache should lose his SOO job and he said no he hasn't been found to have done anything wrong, and that if he is shafted then Des Hasler should get the gig.

Surely if he "knew" that Manly was involved he wouldn't mention Des for the next SOO coach?

Jethro link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=183120.msg260383#msg260383 date=1271995553]

I hope that they didn't also take orths 1978 channel 10 challenge cup trophy as well.

Hey Tooks, it would appear that your memories of your former favourite team is fading as you are having trouble remembering how to spell their name. ;D
[/quote]

orths is all that is left in their headstone at the cemetary.  Somethings are better off left dead and buried.

I've thought Souffs were smelly since I read that they'd posted a 'record' profit for last season.  How come, with their poor crowds and discount membership fees?  Just look at their pack and that must be most of the cap there.  I've got a thought that Rusty would hide a lot of stuff back in the UK for big sam burgess.  Maybe a house and airfares for mum to come over and high five 'good ol russ'.     

I'm all for fun but right now i'm shtting myself that the next big cap rort could belong to Manly.  Especially this next club being investigated. 
Everyone's pointing to us because we've had Max and his property development connections, plus how we've kept big name players over the years.  I mean, we re-signed a fair few big names since the 08 GF... just don't want to calm down just yet.

If it's souths then yay that it's not us, but also proves that other teams are doing the same thing.
800k over is a huge amount also, especially if it's in the one year.

And thank the Lord for Orford's absence.  I notice in the paper this morning that our goal kicking percentage has risen this season in comparison to last.  Unlike the Storm we seem to turn over five or more players per year.  We couldn't/wouldn't/didn't match the Roosters play for JWH, or meet Matty's demands which would tend to show we aren't in the game of paying overs. 

Just heard this. Bellamy was asked how was going to motivate his team to turn up every week and give their all when they know full well they will have no chance to get the points or make the semis. He said, 'I don't know, I'll have to ask Ricky Stuart"

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2