News: Signing Orford the key

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<span class="story-summary-bold">PREMIERS Manly will offer Dally M Medal winner Matt Orford a new two-year contract in the first step towards stopping their team from being torn apart. </span>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/signing-orford-the-key.html">Read the full article</a>

Zep link said:
I thought he wanted to go to england... is he going to take a pay cut?
England suddenly became less attractive following Inland Revenue action to close a big tax loophole for the Aussies.

Maybe Ox has a couple of skeletons in the closet regarding potential visa approval problems ;). Does anyone know what his driving record was like during his time as a postie ?

I think we are between a rock and a hard place, there isn't exactly a glut of NRL ready halfbacks on the market that we can choose from. We have some POTENTIALLY good young guys coming through in Foran and Cherry Ripe, and I assume that Hodgkinson was bought with an eye to the future. Des and Crusher may feel they need another year or two of work before they are ready to step up. Whilst I don't think Orford is what you'd consider a top shelf half, I've got no problems if we resign him on a deal commensurate with his ability/performance....which isn't $450K a season IMO.

Cliffy Gc you know what I'd say, so I won't say it.  Without Lyon, he'd better step up. 

DSM5 link said:
Cliffy Gc you know what I'd say, so I won't say it.  Without Lyon, he'd better step up. 
very disappointed i was expecting a spray and a half
u be at brookie next weekend
be keen to come and smack some sense in to you (i mean share a beer)
hahhahaah

DSM5 link said:
After today Cliffy, you're blind devotion to Orfoul is just plain weird.
hes not the best going around but hes the best weve got, ive said for awhile he needs a good 5/8 next to him

i hope we release him. Hes been rubbish this year and will only get worse.

Time to get some new blood in.

KaZa link said:
i hope we release him. Hes been rubbish this year and will only get worse.

Time to get some new blood in.
i agree ,i wouldnt be in the least bit phased if we don't retain orful his kicking game leaves alot to be desired,bring in the new blood,ive been watching a bit of toyota cup and foran and cherry evans are going great,good to build on for the future anyway don't get mje wrong but i mean he is 31 hes not getting any better and how he won the dally m last year is beyond me.

I hope we don't sign him, I need some new blood to complain about. I swear he did the same kick on the last when we we're on their line. Just no variety at all.

Get some new blood in, and then spend the 1st part of their careers ripping them to shreds on here as well, and continue to lose footy games.

I can't see a rookie half solving any of our problems for next season, especially if Lyon leaves at the end of 2010 which seems likely

Would Orford make a better 5/8 and try to blood a younger half beside him?? Hodgkinson, Orford, Lyon, Matai, D Williams, Robinson, Stuart. With T Williams and Bailey on beach as both can cover backs and forwards??

Bullcrap, name someone you would rather have there, Hog my ass......... Id have that backline any day. When forwards are dogging it, back line is disjointed it looks bad for the best half in the game. If hes a hog, ive never seen a game of footie in my life............. stupid comment and not a valid reason.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6