News: Statistics show Anthony Watmough can't defend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fro

First Grader
<span class="story-summary-bold">AUSTRALIAN Test back-rower Anthony Watmough is the NRL's worst forward defender, with only three halfbacks missing more tackles than the Sea Eagles hardman. </span>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/statistics-show-anthony-watmough-cant-defend.html">Read the full article</a>

Maybe just the tonic to get him to pull his finger out and put some shoulder into his defense.  Nothing like a public flogging. 

I dunno DSM, he got a run in the top 10 egos thing a couple of weeks back, didn't seem to help.

For someone who can hit so hard sometimes, the amount of soft tries he lets in consistently is amazing. I guess he's the stupidest player in the game behind Inglis, so it'd be hard for him to concentrate for a full 80 mins.

Strange with Anthony.  He was so dynamic and dominating in the finals last year and can be in spurts now, but he can also be so very ordinary.  Have other teams woken up to the wide running thing and jam him up?  Does he have more big guys running at him?  Coaching staff need to examine these things.   

I'd be starting Choc from the bench. His 3 indiscretions gave the Grapplers a flying start (conceded early penalty, attempted arm grab on Inglis, dropped ball before 2nd try). His ill discipline must be kept out of the first 20 minutes of the game, when all the ref's are whistle happy and looking for anyything to give a penalty. I'd start Rodney in hsi place. Bring him on for Hall after 20, then leave him on for the game.

Watmough has been very ordinary this year and how he retained his Aussie jumper is beyond me. For all the goods things he does it is cancelled out by his silly indrescretions.

NRL stats show Watmough is 5th in total missed tackles with 33, sandow topping it with 61

Orford is holding up 8th with 28 although watmough has made twice as many tackles as orford

I dont think he can play 80 minutes... not fitness wise but mentally.. he just cant focus for long periods in the game.

Put Tony Williams on the bench and rotate the two of them

Jamsie you're on the money.  Hasler should not start Choc.  That first twenty minutes of each half is dynamite for refs getting their rocks off looking everywhere for an indiscretion.  Email the club with that suggestion right now.   

He was the same 2 seasons ago, a whirling dervish. At the time it was attributed to a shoulder injury. Last year he improved, but he is back to his jumper grabbing best this year. I don't know whether he has another shoulder niggle or not. Anyway, whatever the problem it's not something a NRL forward should be proud to have on his resume. Maybe we need to hide him on the wing in defence ;)

he needs some of the great defenders of the game to give him some 1 on 1 coaching, 1 of Manlys best is our trainer

Watmough may miss some tackles and his head is slightly rough but he does look good without a shirt and I appreciate that.

niccipops link said:
Watmough may miss some tackles and his head is slightly rough but he does look good without a shirt and I appreciate that.

Nicci, only you could come up with a  comment like that.  ;D

The whole team has been very ordinary and we just are not able to dominate in defence and our attack continually breaks down, god it’s frustrating to watch.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7