News: Stewart breaks silence over allegations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p class="first">Manly NRL star Brett Stewart has broken an 18-month silence to express his relief at being cleared of sexual assault allegations.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5181-stewart-breaks-silence-over-allegations.html">Read the full article</a>

I am glad Brett went on that show, though it was obviously difficult for him to do. A lot of people would have watched and I reckon every single one that watched, fans of every other club, would have been left without a shred of doubt that he was falsely accused. To get his life back he needs that message broadcast.  

There was a big round of applause after it aired, and the Manly fans at the show were few and far between

Gould is sensational for these sort of interviews

I still remember when Magnay was on the Footy Show, and just after Stewie's knee went, she came out and said it was karma.

I'm surprised he went on there, but it was a good move. Geez I feel for the bloke.

My esteem for Gus rose tonight and for Fatty fell again.  Fatty continued his role as mouthpiece for Gallop, trying to make Gallop look good. Very sad to see.

Brett was absolutely brilliant, as was Jaime.  Anyone who wasn't deeply moved to really feel for Brett's pain over the false allegations has no heart, no soul - and should be checked for the existence of a pulse. 

And Brett's words about Des should not be missed.  Des is the rock.  His unwavering support for Brett when it seemed the rest of the world was clamoring for blood will not be forgotten.  And when he went into bat for Brett, refusing to stand him down in the face of extreme pressure from Gallop the Gutless Goose and the NRL hierarchy, saying Brett had done nothing wrong, he made the 100% right decision.  He made the tough call. That's what being loyal is all about.

Agree Rex, Des is a great frontman for this club and the crap some people like to spread about the players being sick of him got shown up

Couldn't be a prouder manly fan than at the moment. Now we need to turn all of this support into more support for the club that stood by Brett. We need to channel all of this support for snake and the club into more paid members, more attendance at home games and hopefully more glory for us in the future.
2011 the return of the prince

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Agree Rex, Des is a great frontman for this club and the crap some people like to spread about the players being sick of him got shown up
great post KE

i couldnt agree more.

I found my self really uncomfortable watching the interview last night, i hated seeing how much pain he still seemed to be in.

I hope it eases for him over the time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6