News: Stewart can have finals say - Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<a name="contentSwap1"></a><p>MANLY coach Des Hasler believes two games back before the finals will be enough to put superstar Brett Stewart in the right shape to have a big influence on the outcome of this year's premiership.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4217-stewart-can-have-finals-say-hasler.html">Read the full article</a>

"Inglis is due in court today on charges of unlawful assault and recklessly causing injury to his girlfriend, Sally Robinson, and a meeting of the Storm board afterwards will determine his immediate playing future.

After standing the 22-year-old Test centre down two weeks ago, it is believed Melbourne officials will seek to have him reinstated even if the charges aren't dropped in court.

With Robinson having provided police with a new statement she hopes will clear him after Inglis's initial court appearance, it is believed he might seek to have the charges dropped"

I knew it!!!

Robinson has obviously changed her statement after speaking to the lawyers.

If she is now stating that her original statement to the cops was wrong then she should be jailed for providing a false statement to them.

Gallop also needs to step in and say that inglis needs to sit on the sideline for another two weeks.  There needs to be consitency from the NRL. 

yeah and there are fairies at the bottom of the garden.

If the charges are dismissed today and the storm didnt play him this weekend that would be absolutely ridiculous.

to suspend someone over something that is not pending or to be heard at court at all is just wrong, and probably illegal as well.

and before you start bleating about inconsistencies, Stewarts charges havent been dropped.

And when it boils down to it, life isn't fair, suck it up and move on like most people do.

Fro, you have to find a new breakfast cereal. Your current one obviously starts your day off very disagreeably  ;D

Fro link said:
yeah and there are fairies at the bottom of the garden.

If the charges are dismissed today and the storm didnt play him this weekend that would be absolutely ridiculous.

to suspend someone over something that is not pending or to be heard at court at all is just wrong, and probably illegal as well.

and before you start bleating about inconsistencies, Stewarts charges havent been dropped.

And when it boils down to it, life isn't fair, suck it up and move on like most people do.

Sometimes, I love you

MB that was almost 9 oclock, my day started about 3 hours before that :)

might have been a bit blunt, but this issue is getting old, as is the "hard done by" attitude of most.

Nobody on here has any idea of the relative merits of the 2 cases when it comes down to it.

Glad to hear it Dan :)

Fro link said:

Other people will have opinions on this and because they might be different to yours Fro doesnt mean they have to suck up anything and move on.

Y'all - I was overseas last year and can't remember - has it changed so that the 2nd week of Finals is played at home grounds, or is it still neutral? (SFS, Homebush)

Fro link said:
I gave you an applaud for agreeing with me, thats as far as I was prepared to go :)

That's aight. Cancels out one of the many smites I've probably received from you  8).

Crusher_Cleal link said:
Y'all - I was overseas last year and can't remember - has it changed so that the 2nd week of Finals is played at home grounds, or is it still neutral? (SFS, Homebush)

Home cities 2nd and 3rd week. So if Titans win, they'll either play at Suncorp Week 2 or 3. Sydney teams at SFS, Homebush, Melbourne in Melbourne etc.

Pretty sure it's still the same as last year anyway.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=181468.msg238291#msg238291 date=1251239876]

Other people will have opinions on this and because they might be different to yours Fro doesnt mean they have to suck up anything and move on.
[/quote]

Actually jatz, anyone that thinks life is fair, has a hell of a lot of growing up to do.

Apart from that, you are right, more people disagree with me than agree, but thats cool :)

We were told not to expect miracles last time, and we got 3 tries out of that

So quite rightly I expect miracles on Sunday !!!

Was watching his tries against the Tigers again last night. I loved Rabs commentary

"Some call him the Prince of Brookvale, I just call him Mr Magic"

Volley link said:
[quote author=Crusher_Cleal link=topic=181468.msg238351#msg238351 date=1251262711]

Home cities 2nd and 3rd week. So if Titans win, they'll either play at Suncorp Week 2 or 3. Sydney teams at SFS, Homebush, Melbourne in Melbourne etc.

Pretty sure it's still the same as last year anyway.
[/quote]

The only difference was that St. George was trying to get Win Stadium classed as a "regional venue" or something like that, enabling them to play there in Wk 2 and 3.

Fro link said:
Nobody on here has any idea of the relative merits of the 2 cases when it comes down to it.

Including you and me Fro. Who cares about fairness?  It is a ball watching Gallop's drama.

Scenario of say Inglis' charge being dismissed, then exactly what was Inglis ever suspended for?  Nothing.  Will Gallop apologise for the proven injustice served?  And if he doesn't continue suspending Inglis then how can he convince the thinking man that he is consistent? Granted he doesn't consider thinking men follow rugby league.

It is hilarious the knots Gallop is tying himself into.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6