News: Taylor wary of Stewart threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<div class="article-media"> </div> <span class="story-summary-bold"> SOUTH Sydney coach Jason Taylor fears his side is about to feel the wrath of a premier scorned with Brett Stewart's comeback breathing life into Manly. </span>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/taylor-wary-of-stewart-threat.html">Read the full article</a>

It's like every week there's an article: "(coach's surname) wary of (key opposition player) threat" haha  :p

eggson link said:
It's like every week there's an article: \"(coach's surname) wary of (key opposition player) threat\" haha  :p

finding a new angle isn't real easy

If Manly don't cut down their error rate they will find it difficult to beat Souths. We had only a 60% completion rate last week, but the Tigers were worse.

Agree Swoop, but surely we can't continue to be so bad.  Surely one week we are going to come together, the forwards running forward, players catching and holding passes, no penalties from Ted and Kingy.  If I was Taylor I'd be more worried about Choc's return to form.  He was our best last week and is getting back to his old self.  He must have forgotten all about the ten grand.

I'd cop the same stories if there were new reporters and journos...!

Isn't it supposed to rain this weekend?  Could be a recipe for more non-completions...

DSM5 link said:
Agree Swoop, but surely we can't continue to be so bad.  Surely one week we are going to come together, the forwards running forward, players catching and holding passes, no penalties from Ted and Kingy.  If I was Taylor I'd be more worried about Choc's return to form.  He was our best last week and is getting back to his old self.  He must have forgotten all about the ten grand.

So you admit the forwards haven't been going forward......interesting

DSM5 link said:
He must have forgotten all about the ten grand.

Yes, I thought that he must have been sulking about that for his form to be so bad in comparison to the way it was last year and this years WCC.

Dan link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180129.msg219427#msg219427 date=1239844339]

[/quote]

No but it's Orford's fault they aren't going forward. It's Orford's fault Ted and Kingy keep giving penalties away. It's Orford's fault Matai's neck is being held together by sticky tape.

Volley link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180129.msg219431#msg219431 date=1239845910]
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180129.msg219427#msg219427 date=1239844339]

[/quote]

No but it's Orford's fault they aren't going forward. It's Orford's fault Ted and Kingy keep giving penalties away. It's Orford's fault Matai's neck is being held together by sticky tape.
[/quote]

Clearly,he is the root of all evil

Lets face it.

If B Stewart had of played against the Warriors, on the numerous occasions we made breaks and ****ed it up, he would have been backing up and scored. He also would have saved that last try from happening because he reads the play better than anyone else.

If he had of been playing against the Panthers the same can be said again.

In summary, if we had him all season we would very likely be 3-2, possibly 4-1 and somewhere bewteen 1st and 7th place.

He is vitally important to us. Id say almost as much as A Johns was to Newcastle.

Taylor is dead right when he says Brett Stewart takes our team from being good to great.

That's scary because we may one day lose him but I think every team is like that....  no team gets by and wins a comp with 17 average but willing players... every team that has ever won a comp did so with great "top level" players in their team... for us it's Brett... to a lesser extent Choc, Lyon, Orford (on his day ;) ) and kitey. We are pretty lucky at the moment.

He is the main cog in our attack.. we looked at least 2 paces slower in attack without him. They are dead right when they say he is ahead of everyone on the field because he reads the play so well. I think most on this site said from day dot "he reads the play so well" hence his positional play as a fullback is outstanding.

Great player... playing in an above average team.

Go you eagles!! Smash those bunnies

If statistics are any guide, Taylor is wrong in claiming he turns Manly from a good team into a great team.

winning percentage 61.6 when he is in the team
winning percentage 22.6 when he is not

On this basis he turns Manly from a weak team into a great team.

DSM5 link said:
Haven't you noticed Dan, aka Volley,  I've been laying off your best boy?
AKA Volley???

I can assure you that Volley and I are not the same people. I will state this again I have only 1 single account on this site

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6