News: Thank God he's not a Country boy: Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>Jamie Lyon's attitude to rep footy is likely to be accommodated, writes Greg Prichard. Manly's luck might really be changing after all. Their star centre, Jamie Lyon, might have failed to gain an exemption from playing representative football, despite stating his desire to give it away, but Country coach Laurie Daley says he isn't interested in picking someone who doesn't want to play anyway.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/thank-god-hes-not-a-country-boy-manly.html">Read the full article</a>

At last some common sense from selectors. The comments from Gould about Jamie not wanting to play make me sick - it is like tuning into red-neck radio where they play with a noose all day to get ratings. If he doesn't want to play so what? I have no problem with any player deciding they don't. Show me a contract where it is part of their conditions of employment and we can start talking.

I completely agree. He has his reasons and who can fault a man who would rather spend time with his family than away from it

As i said earlier very smart to go public by Jamie, only reason he can be picked now is for revenge/hate against him and or manly

".....when a lot of their other players will probably be backing up from playing in either the Test between Australia and New Zealand or the City-Country game, both on the Friday night."

Premiers or not, 1 from 5 or not - I highly doubt we will have a lot of guys backing up.

Both Stewarts, Watmough, Perry, Wolfman, Robertson, Matai, Kite all big shows to either play in the Test or City/Country.

Where have you been Volley? Hillsborough?  Perry has no show and I'll be shocked if anyone other than Brett and Choc make it into rep sides.  This city/country game is a crock.  Totally irrelevant.  Just a show to take to Dubbo or some other god for saken hole.  I think the U20s, or the NSW Cup teams should be farmed out to country areas.  That'd make more sense as a promo. 

DSM5 link said:
Where have you been Volley? Hillsborough?  Perry has no show and I'll be shocked if anyone other than Brett and Choc make it into rep sides.  This city/country game is a crock.  Totally irrelevant.  Just a show to take to Dubbo or some other god for saken hole.  I think the U20s, or the NSW Cup teams should be farmed out to country areas.  That'd make more sense as a promo. 

what because people in regional areas don't deserve to see some of the stars of the game?

DSM5 link said:

I'll eat my left nut if Glenn Stewart doesn't at least play for Country.

Volley link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180114.msg219319#msg219319 date=1239775757]

I'll eat my left nut if Glenn Stewart doesn't at least play for Country.
[/quote]

And i'll eat his right one.

Clon, Volley is going to eat his own, now you're going to eat Glenn's?  Maybe you should eat your own as well.  Dan, they can see them on TV any weekend.  And they can get out to the U20s games which I'd put out there in the sticks.  Tell me why playing the NSW cup around the country areas wouldn't be a good idea.  maybe the CRL could enter more clubs into this comp and get a bit of TV recognition.

DSM5 link said:
Clon, Volley is going to eat his own, now you're going to eat Glenn's?  Maybe you should eat your own as well.   Dan, they can see them on TV any weekend.  And they can get out to the U20s games which I'd put out there in the sticks.  Tell me why playing the NSW cup around the country areas wouldn't be a good idea.  maybe the CRL could enter more clubs into this comp and get a bit of TV recognition.

Because it's a second teir competition and what you are basically saying that anyone who doesnt have a local team is a second class citizen basically and they don't deserve any NRL quality games.

It can be hard enough living in a regional area, with things like transport, food and fuel prices and other services. You surely cant begrudge them one single game a year, no matter how meaningless you see it.

It has meaning to people in the country and it sure helps advertise the game in those areas

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4