News: Tiger Tuqiri done deal at $400,000

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>It is news rugby league fans have long wanted to hear -- dual international Lote Tuqiri will return to the NRL with Wests Tigers in 2010.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4355-tiger-tuqiri-done-deal-at-400000.html">Read the full article</a>

Tuqiri's Tweet tanks Tigers talk
Posted October 29, 2009 12:00:00 abc.net.au

Dumped Wallabies winger Lote Tuqiri has scotched reports he has signed a deal to return to rugby league.

The former Wallabies winger was sacked by the ARU earlier this year for disciplinary reasons.

News Limited has reported Tuqiri has signed a three-year deal with the Wests Tigers, starting next season.

But in a message on his Twitter feed this morning, Tuqiri categorically denied that he has signed with the club.

"I havn't [sic] signed anything with the Wests Tigers!" he wrote.

"Once again, the media has run off again speculating!"

He cant officially confirm it, or say that he has signed becasue the NRL dont allow him to play for another code whilst having a contract to the tigers.

IMO its probably a verbal agreement for now until 2010

The Tiges have decided to 'sit on their helmets' as the flak is getting too heavy:

Wests Tigers deny sealing Tuqiri deal

Lote Tuqiri's interest in pursuing a short-term overseas rugby union contract during the off-season appears to be the sticking point in the dual international finalising an NRL return with the Wests Tigers.

The Tigers issued a statement on Thursday denying they had come to terms with the Fijian-born flyer, with chief executive Stephen Humphreys saying the club would be complying with an NRL edict that players weren't allowed to have guest stints with other codes when under a rugby league contract.

"We absolutely refute the suggestion today that Wests Tigers have agreed to terms with Lote Tuqiri," Humphreys said.

"As I have stated publicly before, we are in discussions with Lote Tuqiri.

"We do expect him to make his intentions clear about his playing future shortly and whilst we are hopeful of securing his services, I must re-iterate at this point in time, we have neither verbally agreed to terms nor signed any agreement.

"We have been consulting with the NRL and support their stance in not allowing players to have guest stints with rival codes. We understand the rules and will comply with them at all times.

"Should Lote decide to pursue a path other than the NRL, he would do so without any guarantee of a future position at Wests Tigers."

<edited>

I thought that Gallop said that he wouldn't register him until he came clean on what his indiscretion was?

Everyone who posted speculation about the indiscretion, you know better than that, I have edited the posts!

Wallaby Lote Tuqiri sacked for having woman in hotel room

The Sunday Telegraph
September 06, 2009 12:55am

FOOTBALL superstar Lote Tuqiri was sacked by the Australian Rugby Union for breaking strict team rules by having a woman in his Wallabies hotel room.

At the time, Tuqiri was on his "last warning" for previous behavioural issues.

Tuqiri's $5 million contract was torn up by ARU boss John O'Neill for taking the guest, a 20-year-old, into his room after a night out in Canberra in the week leading up to a Test.

He met the girl, a university student and the daughter of a respected Canberra family, at a nightclub in Canberra before the pair returned to the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

The Wallabies were staying at the hotel in the second week of June to prepare for a Test match against Italy.

Team management was made aware of Tuqiri's breach of rules the next day. Tuqiri was not picked in the side for the Test and is believed to have returned home to Sydney before the game.

The former rugby league star was sharing a room with team-mate Richard Brown, who was questioned by an ARU disciplinary panel about the evening.

He was reluctant to co-operate because he did not want to dob in a mate. There is no suggestion Brown had anything to do with the woman being in the room.

When approached by The Sunday Telegraph yesterday, Tuqiri refused to offer any comment, other than saying: "I've signed a confidentiality thing. I'm not into legal stuff but I can't say anything."

An ARU spokesman said much the same: "We are not at liberty to discuss the Lote Tuqiri termination issue. As Lote wrote in his Sunday Telegraph column last week, a confidentiality clause exists as part of the settlement."

Tuqiri's shock sacking baffled fans. It is extremely rare for a player in any football code to have a contract torn up in such a public way without explanation.

As a result, rumours swept through rugby union and rugby league circles regarding the circumstances of his dismissal.

In the early stages, ARU boss John O'Neill publicly stated Tuqiri, a father of two, was free to disclose why he was dismissed.

Tuqiri maintained a stony silence. NRL boss David Gallop increased the public pressure on Tuqiri to reveal why he was sacked, telling the player he could not return to league unless he talked about what occurred.

During a painstaking investigation, The Sunday Telegraph discovered O'Neill chose not to go public with details of the incident - despite being accused of a cover-up - out of his respect for the woman and her family.

Even most of O'Neill's senior staff at the ARU have been kept in the dark because of his concerns over the woman being identified and embarrassed.

Tuqiri launched legal action against the ARU for wrongful dismissal. The case was settled out of court for a significant sum after both parties argued at the initial hearing for details to be suppressed from the media.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26030801-1242,00.html

There was much more rampant speculation on here regarding Brett's case and the girl allegedly involved, than what was mentioned in this thread regarding Lote's inability to keep his pants on. Bit heavy handed with the censorship Dan.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6