News: Trent's bad luck is Coast's gain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
<p>THE bad news for Trent Hodkinson is he has lost the battle with Kieran Foran to wear the No.7 jersey for Manly against Wests Tigers in their NRL opener on Monday night.</p>
<p>The good news for Manly's feeder team, the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles, is the gun halfback is available to play for it in the defending premier's grand final rematch against Northern Pride in Cairns on Saturday night.</p>
<p />

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4604-trents-bad-luck-is-coasts-gain.html">Read the full article</a>

You beat me to it Mata.  ;D  I was just about to post the article.

SCSE have to have the best halves combination in the QLD cup.

Would love to see how those two go together, particuarly DCE at 5/8th.

Hodkinson is being thoroughly wasted in that competition. Just my opinion.

Dessie needs to take some risks on occasion.

Might have something to do with why the board wanted KPI's instituded, and why a NUMBER of players have now said negative things about Dessie not giving them a go when other players are playing poorly or are out of form.

I've also heard specifically that this is why Hargraves took off - and apparently he didn't even mention what his intentions were to Des.

Ryan, Hargraves took off for cash, no other reason.

Cuthbo didnt deserve opportunities. He was playing dumb, lazy football.

Ryan link said:

Might have something to do with why the board wanted KPI's instituded, and why a NUMBER of players have now said negative things about Dessie not giving them a go when other players are playing poorly or are out of form.

I've also heard specifically that this is why Hargraves took off - and apparently he didn't even mention what his intentions were to Des.

I agree Des is reluctant to make change which is his main fault from what I can see.  However you also do not want your coach making changes left right and centre as a team takes time to gel and you need stability.  However I agree Hodkinson should be given a shot and I just hope we do not leave it too late.

In terms of the players who complained about not getting a shot.  The facts are they did not deserve it.  I remember Cuthbo saying something, he had his chances and did not perform consistantly.  The other I recall is Neumann, hahaha.  He was given a shot and played terribly.  If they are good enough Des will give them a run, i.e. Foran at 19 years old last season.  Although he does like to limit it to 1 maybe 2 new players being blooded each year. 

Forans shot came through injury and suspensions.

very rare to be dropped on form under Des, happened once i think

clontaago link said:

Hmm, wouldn't be so quick to judge JWH.

From what I heard MWSE weren't prepared to get even in the same range as the Rorters deal & from talking to the man himself he didn't seem overly keen to leave Manly.

At the latest Hodkinson will debut in round 9 when both city country and the test is on, and we don't get the bye.  Foran and Matai may be in the Kiwi squad, Lyon may be in either the test or city country side, as might Stewart or D Williams. We will need all hands on deck in the backline.  

Ryan link said:

wrong mate
the kpi's for apparently finanical ones not team performance

If Des doesn't take risks, then how do we explain him giving the bloke who apparently isn't the best halfback in the squad according to plenty to play there ?

As I have said before, I haven't seen Hodkinson at all, so can't comment, but at this stage I will place my faith is Hasler, Toovey and Johns, who have been working with them, watching them, and all former international halfbacks themselves to know who is the right man for the job at this stage

Wolfpack link said:
SCSE have to have the best halves combination in the QLD cup.

Would love to see how those two go together, particuarly DCE at 5/8th.

There's a couple of teams with good halves this year East Tigers (Tim Smith & Jace Van Dijk), Burleigh Bears (Richie Williams), Ipswich Jets (Ian Lacey), Northern Pride (Chris Sheppard), Mackay Cutters (Shane Muspratt), Tweed Heads Seagulls (Brad Davis), Souths Logan (Josh McCrone, Mick Picker) all of which have had NRL experience.

Wolfpack link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=182592.msg254111#msg254111 date=1268343188]

Hmm, wouldn't be so quick to judge JWH.

From what I heard MWSE weren't prepared to get even in the same range as the Rorters deal [/quote]

So I repeat, he left for cash and no other reason.

Ryan said he heard "specifically" that Hargreaves left due to lack of opportunities. If as you state he didnt want to leave, then in the end the left for cash!

I'm not judging him for that, simply saying that the reason he left wasnt because he wasnt being given a go.

Does it sound bitter to be saying that if Ox made his mind up earlier, we'd have both JWH & Burgess?

Ryan link said:

Ryan, you have a short memory. Over the the mwse site a while back you were calling JWH unloyal and a money grabbing traitor.

Duff link said:
Does it sound bitter to be saying that if Ox made his mind up earlier, we'd have both JWH & Burgess?

Or another way to look at it, if we had those two, it is unlikely we would have the extensions on Watmough, Foran, Lyon and possibly G Stewart's contracts

swoop - if you ain't Manly, your just a schlub in my eyes.

A players actual Mum that has left the club actually mentioned the players being upset at missing opportunity, so I'll choose to take that as gospel, and they also related that to JWH.

I was very angry at JWH leaving.....because I'm not a fan of a player that wants free mortgages on positions (ALA Travis Burns), then take the easy out and pisses off, both for more coin, and to get their easy to get slot.

FFS how many premiership coaches are out there....fair enough if this fails in a few weeks but at least give dessie a chance....we have not even seen it in practice

If we are getting lapped in a couple of weeks i will be among the first to call for hodge....in the mean time i can not wait for monday night

Ryan link said:
A players actual Mum that has left the club actually mentioned the players being upset at missing opportunity, so I'll choose to take that as gospel

Ryan when I was in Thailand a while back and ran into Nate Myles parents, they told me he had missed training due to his car breaking down....... Real reason, he was still out on the piss and couldnt be located.

I'm glad I took what his folks had to say as gospel........

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2