News: Unhinged Des Hasler shuts door on Channel Nine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>FURIOUS Manly are ready to ban television cameras from their dressing rooms after Channel 9 last night showed dramatic footage of coach Des Hasler ripping a dressingroom door off its hinges at Parramatta Stadium last Sunday.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4663-unhinged-des-hasler-shuts-door-on-channel-nine.html">Read the full article</a>

Manly will consider placing blankets over dressing room cameras after coach Des Hasler was captured ripping a door off it hinges following the Sea Eagles' controversial 24-20 loss to Parramatta last Sunday.

Fox Sports showed a furious Hasler unloading on his players after they blew a 20-point lead at Parramatta Stadium before storming out of the dressing room and unintentionally pulling the door from its frame.

The players reacted with a mixture of surprise and amusement, co-captain Jamie Lyon was forced to catch the door as it fell towards him.

Hasler has accepted full responsibility for his actions and offered to pay the damage bill, but he remains angry he was being filmed straight after a match.

The Sea Eagles boss told Sportal on Wednesday night: "I've given myself a kick up the pants for what happened and will pay for the damage."

"But the bigger issue here is the invasion of privacy."

"We don't believe cameras should have access to the dressing room at half-time and full-time."

"That area is for players and coaching staff and we think they have abused that privilege."

"We are seeking legal advice as to whether we can place blankets over the cameras at half-time and full-time."

"We believe we are within our rights to conduct our business without that intrusion."

As for the incident itself, Hasler is adamant there was no intent to damage the door.

"I was frustrated and angry that we'd lost but it wasn't like I tried to rip the door from its hinges," he said.

"I tried to open it and it just came off its hinges. It's not like I was pushing and kicking it down."

"How many times do you open a door and it comes off its hinges?"

Hasler also rejected claims by Channel Nine, which screened the vision in its 6pm bulletin on Wednesday, that it would be black-banned by the club for airing the story.

"I don't know where that came from. They will still be welcome at our press conferences and we will continue to support The Footy Show," Hasler confirmed.

Adam Lucius sportal.com.au

Mcatmos link said:
Another reason why channel 9 should lose the rights to the game....

The reality is we need the TV coverage and we need the money from thetelevision rights.

For their $$ the TV stations pay, they want to show these shots. If they can't, their coverage will be shorter and the television rights will be less. The cameras are not secretly placed there. Hasler knows they are there and therefore he should exercise more self control instead of carrying on like a kid.

As a result of his actions instead of the media focussing solely on the forward pass, it ran a second to Hasler's antics.

TV cameras do not need to be in dressing rooms.

When I was playing dressing rooms were off limits to everyone bar coaching/medical staff and players. It was a place where things could be said and done that no-one bar the immediate team needed to know about.

Why do the public need to see vision of the dressing room???

From now on the music of The Doors should be played whenever Des appears at Brookie. 'Break on Through' a possible anthem...

nodd link said:
TV cameras do not need to be in dressing rooms.

When I was playing dressing rooms were off limits to everyone bar coaching/medical staff and players. It was a place where things could be said and done that no-one bar the immediate team needed to know about.

Why do the public need to see vision of the dressing room???
The only real benefit is when you get to see the team doing their victory song. Which I for one may never have the chance to see otherwise.

The appeal of a glimpse into the drama of the dressing room is obvious, including before the game, in particular at halftime, and also afterwards. Obviously the privacy of the team is important as well. Simple solution is simply to be very clear as to exactly when the cameras are on and when they are off.

From Zorba:

TELEVISION broadcasters of rugby league, Foxtel and Channel 9 have been reminded of dressingroom guidelines for filming after Nine News showed the Des Hasler dodgy-door incident following last Sunday’s match at Parramatta Stadium.

Host broadcasters are allowed to use the lipstick cameras under very strict guidelines. The conditions can be varied with the agreement of the clubs involved, but there are no allowances for after-match vision.

Nine News clearly broke the broadcasting rights by screening the vision.

Assurances are expected from Foxtel and Nine that similar breaches won’t happen before Saturday’s game with the Knights in Gosford.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4