News: WA Reds strongly backed to join expanded league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>WA Reds have received a unanimous endorsement from the 16 NRL clubs to join the competition in 2013.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5301-expansion-wa-reds-strongly-backed-to-join-expanded-league.html">Read the full article</a>

Rusty link said:
Another nail in the Bears coffin. I hope.
In all likelihood no, the NRL will want another team to go in with them (even numbered comp) imo the Qld teams (CQld and Ipswich) aren't ready. No stadium unlike the other two bids amongst other things

So which Sydney club is going to be extinct in the near future to make way for them?The News Ltd Australian Superleague plan is being unveiled right before our eyes.Lets just hope they have the games best interests at heart.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=186154.msg309910#msg309910 date=1292723703]
So I guess I'll see you all when you get here.

No thoughts of supporting them ? ;)
[/quote]

Why would anyone bother after the way they got crapped on last time around?
CQ and Brisbane/Ipswich for mine but I guess the WA timeslot fits Foxtel perfectly.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=186154.msg309910#msg309910 date=1292723703]
So I guess I'll see you all when you get here.

No thoughts of supporting them ? ;)
[/quote]
None whatsoever mate.
I will buy you a beer if you ever make it over though.

blitzkrieg link said:
No offence WAMF, but we'd probably bring our own beer over with us ;)
Good idea. We have a bit of a water shortage issue at present so if you could all please bring your own beers, that would be very much appreciated  ;D
blitzkrieg, you might have a bit of a problem getting through the border. We have a no dickhead policy over here  ;)

WAMF link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=186154.msg309937#msg309937 date=1292736656]
Good idea. We have a bit of a water shortage issue at present so if you could all please bring your own beers, that would be very much appreciated  ;D
blitzkrieg, you might have a bit of a problem getting through the border. We have a no dickhead policy over here  ;)
[/quote]

Lol. But seriously the Reds back in Western Australia would be a good thing for all of NRL. I too havn;t been out there, I would like to join the MWTS if they go over to WA.

I'd be over south western WA is one of the most underrated places in Australia.

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=186154.msg309903#msg309903 date=1292720632]
In all likelihood no, the NRL will want another team to go in with them (even numbered comp) imo the Qld teams (CQld and Ipswich) aren't ready. No stadium unlike the other two bids amongst other things
[/quote]

Ipswich would play out of Suncorp, so the NRL could have a second game every two weeks.

I would bet on a QLD side and the Reds, with in the near future one of the western Syd sides being killed off and the sharks relocated to Adelaide. People in the clubs industry have suggested to me that Wests (The licenced club, rather then the NRL club.) are very close to being closed and this would be a huge blow to the tigers.

Rockhampton has a fair chance.  Premier Anna Bligh has commited in writing that Rocky will get a state of the art, world class stadium based on the Titans model.  QR National has commited to being the principal sponsor of the club.  The bid has almost 25 000 members already signed and is creeping up slowly. 

WAMF link said:
[/quote]

Hey WAMF,that's a long way over there.Do we need a valid passport?What currency do we buy for WA?
hahahaha
In all seriousness,Perth would be great MWTS trip.Never been there.How many bedrooms in your house?

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=186154.msg309938#msg309938 date=1292738003]
[/quote]

Hey WAMF,that's a long way over there.Do we need a valid passport?What currency do we buy for WA?
hahahaha
In all seriousness,Perth would be great MWTS trip.Never been there.How many bedrooms in your house?
[/quote]
mate, don't you know that we live in a garden shed :)

WAMF link said:
[quote author=ayjay007 link=topic=186154.msg309980#msg309980 date=1292800069]
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=186154.msg309938#msg309938 date=1292738003]
[/quote]

hahahaha
[/quote]
mate, don't you know that we live in a garden shed :)
[/quote]

Yeah, but it is a bloody big Garden Shed

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=186154.msg309924#msg309924 date=1292731877]
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=186154.msg309903#msg309903 date=1292720632]
[/quote]

Ipswich would play out of Suncorp, so the NRL could have a second game every two weeks.

I would bet on a QLD side and the Reds, with in the near future one of the western Syd sides being killed off and the sharks relocated to Adelaide. People in the clubs industry have suggested to me that Wests (The licenced club, rather then the NRL club.) are very close to being closed and this would be a huge blow to the tigers.
[/quote]

Reds bring in another added bonus of a different time zone.
If an Ipswich team did play out of Suncorp it wouldn't really be an Ipswich team now would it?
I think the Logan area should get there own bid and make a South Brisbane team

Post  automatically merged: [time]1292836327[/time]

mozgrame link said:
Rockhampton has a fair chance.  Premier Anna Bligh has commited in writing that Rocky will get a state of the art, world class stadium based on the Titans model.  QR National has commited to being the principal sponsor of the club.  The bid has almost 25 000 members already signed and is creeping up slowly. 

They need to get the Opposition to commit to the same thing (stadium).
In terms of the members none are financial.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2