News: Warringah councillor blasts Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY Sea Eagles CEO Graham Lowe has slammed Warringah councillor Vincent De Luca over comments made regarding the club’s contribution to the local community.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4585-warringah-councillor-blasts-sea-eagles.html">Read the full article</a>

I would have thought that paying $350,000 for the hire of tip and the worst ground in the NRL by a mile is more than sufficient. 

What does De Luca suggest would happen to the oval if Manly relocated permanently to SFS or ANZ? 

There is no other sporting body on the northwern beaches who would pay anywhere near $350,000 pa and the ground would deteriorate to such a state that the council would have to pull it down.  Is that council's plan?

``As you know, Mr Mayor, that is extremely small and unfortunately some of our more professional sports such as the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles do not contribute the same amount of funds as ratepayers do.’’

The Sea Eagles currently pay Warringah Council about $350,000 a year for use of Brookvale Oval.

Gee I would hate to own a property in that council area if the $350,000 that the Manly Sea Eagles pay per year is less than what ratepayers pay.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Vincent De Luca sounds like he is out of the mafia

Isn't he involved in the same action group as that Kristina Kirch (or whatever her name is) to get Manly out of Brookie?

Matabele link said:
The dogs are barking louder.  How much would the land under Brookvale be worth?

Tens of millions if the council rezoned it high rise residential. 

tookey link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182519.msg252903#msg252903 date=1267441352]
The dogs are barking louder.  How much would the land under Brookvale be worth?

Tens of millions if the council rezoned it high rise residential. 
[/quote]

What does de Luca do for a crust?

www.vincentdeluca.info/

Vincent is a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW

Vincent served as Chairperson of the Curl Curl Youth & Community Centre Management Committee for over a decade, has been President of the Dee Why Beach Sports Club since 1996

President of Give Anything Prevent Youth Suicide (GAPS), a Member of the Curl Curl Sports Centre Management Committee, a former member of the Peoples' Council on Drug Prevention - High on Hope and was a delegate to the National Peoples' Convention on Youth Suicide Prevention.

He has always fought for the needs and interests of people and the community and particularly over the selfishness of developers and the “Big End of Town”. Enter MAX DELMEGE De Luca's public Enemy No. 1

Sounds like a knob who is trying to shift money towards the Beach Sports Club

Must be a patron just incase he ever gets beached have you seen this bloke.

I would say private boarding school educated and totally anti Rugby League.

Ironically he is the President of Give Anything To Prevent Youth Suicide, I wonder how many young men have avoided depression and suicide through playing sport and Rugby League in particular. Anthony Watmough would probably still be cleaning windows had it not been for the Sea Eagles youth footy programmes. What a Hypocrite give anything to prevent youth suicide except money to Rugby League.

De Luca jumps aboard what ever band wagon will give him some limelight. He's a self proclaimed man of the people however those who have had dealings with him know him as an obstinate pratt.

To be honest, since reading about the Ballymore redevelopment plans I no longer see Kirsh and this other fellow as "enemies".  I wonder if there isn't a compromise to be had between their vision of a community facility, and our need for an upgrade.

Maybe funding would be more forthcoming if we thought outside the box?

The issue though is that the Sea Eagles brand belongs to the whole district, not just Max Delmege and the Penn family. Unlike some other teams, the team is identified with the Northern Beaches and is part of its character and story. Sure, people from outside the district support the team but its home ground, it's colours, emblem and history belong to the area. As a councillor to make these sort of value judgements, based on a personal involvement in another area shortsighted. The footy team is in many ways synonomous with Manly Warringah as the beaches are!!!

As an qualified economist I have to say it's pretty obvious this fellow is a solicitor.  The Manly Sea Eagles brand is worth millions to the region.  Really, Council ought to waive the rental on the ground because if they were to get a cost/benefit economic analysis commissioned they'd find the club is a major community asset - far more so than the lifesavers who are not "unique" to Manly (and regularly whaloped by the best and brightest from the Sunshine Coast). 

I still think the club should consider the adage keep your friends close and enemies closer with Kirsh and this fellow.  Inveigle them into seeking grant submissions for their community utopia .............

I have to agree with Matas.

Why not consult with them and work with them to see if they could make a compromise

Dan link said:

Why not consult with them and work with them to see if they could make a compromise

Because they're part of the noisy yet relatively small faction of wankers & trendies on the Northern Beaches that are anti-Rugby League & anything else considered popular.

These are tree-hugging, cafe going, family atmosphere types who have no interest in or sympathy for the worlds of footy fans, rock music fans, car enthusiasts or anyone else that wants to have fun.

These people can not be negotiated with, they're too dangerous because in an area that's as far up it's own backside as the beaches is, they aren't laughed out of town like they would be in other parts.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=182519.msg253046#msg253046 date=1267593232]

Because they're part of the noisy yet relatively small faction of wankers & trendies on the Northern Beaches that are anti-Rugby League & anything else considered popular.

These are tree-hugging, cafe going, family atmosphere types who have no interest in or sympathy for the worlds of footy fans, rock music fans, car enthusiasts or anyone else that wants to have fun.

These people can not be negotiated with, they're too dangerous because in an area that's as far up it's own backside as the beaches is, they aren't laughed out of town like they would be in other parts.
[/quote] So you've talked to them to know this?

I know the type. I've lived on the beaches my whole life.

If it looks like a duck & quacks like a duck.............

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8