News: Warriors youngsters facing lengthy bans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>Two Warriors Toyota Cup forwards are each facing nine-match bans over a dangerous throw which left Manly youngster Birrigan Young with a badly dislocated shoulder.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4697-warriors-youngsters-facing-lengthy-bans.html">Read the full article</a>

685509-dtstory-spear-tackle.jpg

Video
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-u20s-player-birrigan-young-dislocates-shoulders-after-being-driven-into-turf-in-spear-tackle/story-e6frexnr-1225850699531

it looked pretty bad live, a send off probably could have been warranted but it wasn't intentional these guys will probably cop the max it ws a bad tackle

They had the grub Billy Slater on the Today Show this morning and asked for his comment.

Basically said that it was bad but in his opinion wasnt intentional and they didnt drive him into the ground (which is probably spot on).

He then went onto say "but there is no room in the game for that sort of stuff"

Coming from the King Grub himself thats a bit rich.

He is right in that regard but yeah talk about those in glass houses.

I thought Moi Moi's hit was pretty bad the other night too and deserved more than a send of it was intentional, reckless and careless and down right illegal. He dead set coat hangered the bloke

Agreed Dan re Moi Moi, and that guy has a lot of form in the grub stakes.  I watched the U20s tackle and although it looked bad,  I don't think it was intentional, reckless yes, and maybe in that grade, the perpetrators should be stood down the length of the injury inflicted.   

WARRIORS Toyota Cup players John Palavi and Sebastine Ikahihifo have both been suspended for six matches for their involvement in a nasty dangerous throw from Sunday's under-20s match against Manly.
The incident occurred in the 22nd minute of the Mt Smart Stadium clash, with the two players charged with grade five dangerous throws for a tackle on Sea Eagles prop Birrigan Young.

The pair faced nine-match suspensions but took the early guilty pleas and will miss six games.

Young avoided serious neck damage from the tackle despite being dumped on his head, but he will be out for a number of months after dislocating his shoulder.

Still cant believe moi moi got off scott free

Moi Moi is a serial offender.  He put Kite out of the game a couple of seasons ago.  His arm was swinging and got the guy square across the head.  Another NRL let off for the boys out West.  Got to give them a leg up to counter the AFL push.  On the Warriors thing, strange how a perpetrator of damage can get off more lightly than the person injured.  It should be that they return when Young returns. 

DSM5 link said:
Moi Moi is a serial offender.  He put Kite out of the game a couple of seasons ago.

I remember that one. We lost, even with an extra man for half an hour or so.

Mind you that was at a point where Kite was far and away our best forward and without his hit-ups we looked totally clueless. From memory we scored one try or something in the half-hour after the send-off.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6