News: Where Are They Now: Ben Kennedy - last of the dominant Blues

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rex

Bencher
Long before Queensland were setting records and completely dominating the State of Origin landscape, Kennedy was a regular in a Blues side that had many questioning if Queensland’s best days were behind them.

Read the full article

It's phenomenal that a bloke who was at the back end of his career and played just 2 seasons at Brookie, how much impact he had on the club. He played a huge role in turning our great club around as we rebuilt after the Northern Eagles days and he gained huge respect from every Manly fan.

Yes, he taught the forwards about going forward, pushing through the line and dominating. A great influence at Manly beyond his years at the club.

DSM5 said:
Yes, he taught the forwards about going forward, pushing through the line and dominating. A great influence at Manly beyond his years at the club.

I remember a game against the rooster he had been egging Kitey on all match thus far(the game was about 15minutes old Kitey dropped the ball 1 set of the match), well any way Kitey does he usual hit up after a tackle & breaks through the line in front of him its all open(about35mtrs out), he pinned the ears back & beat the opposition to the line, Ben Kennedy comes rushing up to him still tellin him advice & in his ear. I loved that , just the way he kept them all believeing in them selves.
I also remember we started off so well one year might have been 06 , where we lost 9games straight in the back end & still made the 8..

& to show how it rubbed off the next season we were without him (kennedy retired) Menzies on the bench with matai & orford all out injured for a few rounds ) , Jamie lyon 1st year in & we WERE 4 from 5

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4