News: `Who will pay for Brookie upgrade' war of words

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p>MANLY Mayor Jean Hay has slammed as ``childish’’ a proposal for Manly, Pittwater and Mosman councils to help foot the bill for the upgrade and maintenance of Brookvale Oval.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4980-who-will-pay-for-brookie-upgrade-war-of-words.html">Read the full article</a>

Kirsch is boring me.  Wasn't it her who suggested we be renamed the Brookvale Sea Eagles or something because we didn't play out of Manly?

What a moron

"Cr Kirsch said a similar agreement is already in place over WIN Stadium, owned by Kogarah Council."

My understanding about Kogarah Oval is that Rockdale Council and Hustville Council provided $50,000 each as a one off contribution towards an upgrade in 2003.  Hardly comparible to what Christina is proposing.

To paraphrase a phrase which is usually used in reference to Queensland:

'God probably made the northern beaches, as it is beautiful one day, perfect the next. Why put a bunch of morons in charge of it remains a mystery. ...'

MadMarcus link said:
\"Cr Kirsch said a similar agreement is already in place over WIN Stadium, owned by Kogarah Council.\"

My understanding about Kogarah Oval is that Rockdale Council and Hustville Council provided $50,000 each as a one off contribution towards an upgrade in 2003.  Hardly comparible to what Christina is proposing.

'God probably made the northern beaches, as it is beautiful one day, perfect the next. Why put a bunch of morons in charge of it remains a mystery. ...'

Interesting if true, why do warringah people vote these idiots in?

TokyoEagle link said:
[quote author=MadMarcus link=topic=184242.msg277800#msg277800 date=1279873641]
\"Cr Kirsch said a similar agreement is already in place over WIN Stadium, owned by Kogarah Council.\"

My understanding about Kogarah Oval is that Rockdale Council and Hustville Council provided $50,000 each as a one off contribution towards an upgrade in 2003.  Hardly comparible to what Christina is proposing.

Interesting if true, why do warringah people vote these idiots in?
[/quote]

Don't blame us. I don't think we've had a council election in 10 years. The last mob got booted for corruption & we had a board appointed. I don't know by who.

Duff link said:
Don't blame us. I don't think we've had a council election in 10 years. The last mob got booted for corruption & we had a board appointed. I don't know by who.

I have to laugh at this coming from a man who has bored me senseless with political talk so many many times ..... we had one in Sept 08 Duff.

But I will forgive you, I think we all wiped out many brain cells in Oct 08, I think something big happened then.

Brookie4eva link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=184242.msg277918#msg277918 date=1279934640]Don't blame us. I don't think we've had a council election in 10 years. The last mob got booted for corruption & we had a board appointed. I don't know by who.

I have to laugh at this coming from a man who has bored me senseless with political talk so many many times ..... we had one in Sept 08 Duff.

But I will forgive you, I think we all wiped out many brain cells in Oct 08, I think something big happened then.
[/quote]that was when they promised us they would fix brookie if elected, dont fall for it again guys im not from up there but please dont fall for their crap about if we get elected we will get a government grant for upgrade of brookie, if anything get some one to lobby canberra for an audit on the warringah council. if they were done before they are probably doing it again..  when i mentioned they should get audited in the back to brookvale forum they deleted my post ..lol

jjai link said:
[quote author=Brookie4eva link=topic=184242.msg277919#msg277919 date=1279936073]
[quote author=Duff link=topic=184242.msg277918#msg277918 date=1279934640]Don't blame us. I don't think we've had a council election in 10 years. The last mob got booted for corruption & we had a board appointed. I don't know by who.

[/quote]that was when they promised us they would fix brookie if elected, dont fall for it again guys im not from up there but please dont fall for their crap about if we get elected we will get a government grant for upgrade of brookie, if anything get some one to lobby canberra for an audit on the warringah council. if they were done before they are probably doing it again..  when i mentioned they should get audited in the back to brookvale forum they deleted my post ..lol
[/quote]

Wont ever happen again, firstly the state government removing an elected local government is a huge legal issue, that would never stand with the weak ass labour government we have at the moment. For a number of reasons, firstly because we have an opposition at the moment, unlike when Carr was in, and secondly because that would be action which the state government seems entirely unable to do.

The problem was that after 10 years of appointed leadership here in WSC we had no knowledge of the candidates at all. I hope to hell that she wont get in next time, but she didn't exactly pass a vote threshold on her own last time anyway, from memory she was third on the ticket and got elected with 12 individual votes or some nonsense.

Brookie4eva link said:

[/quote]

I must've slept in that day. I have no recollection of that.

It's too bad Mayer cruelled the momentum and stunning wide-ranging policy platform enjoyed by one of the fellows running in 2008.  We'd have Cowboys Stadium built by now if he'd let him proclaim his brilliant agenda on MWSE forums. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6