News: Wolfman is tuning up for a top season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MULTI-TALENTED David Williams has put the guitar, artist’s brush and the party scene on hold as he faces the most vital season in his colourful rugby league career.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5337-wolfman-is-tuning-up-for-a-top-season.html">Read the full article</a>

can anyone believe they are still thinking of T-Rex as a winger  ::) I'd even put Farrar there (if he was still here)

Tony Williams is lazy, inconsistent, and lacks heart. He frustrates fans. Any player playing alongside Jamie Lyon will get over the try line, lets be honest here.

If he starts in the centres over Oldfield, Hopoate and Whare, I'm giving up the first 25% of the season.

I'm sick of the club providing excuses for his terrible heart. Year one, it was an injury plagued off season. Season two, it was because he was changing his running style. Season three, it will be because he's trained in the forwards.

Face it, the bloke in an automiton, with no passion for the brand. He's got no spirit. He's slow, lethargic, and doesn't back his ability.

I'm HOPING the forwards makes him look more energetic. He looked good there in the World Cup.

Make no mistake, his drop in speed, and drop in energy towards then ends of games last year, was a major reason we'd get torn about out wide late. It sure as heck wasn't Robbo / Matai / Lyon.

Can't disagree with to much of what you're saying Ryan...but he's only young and I often think big blokes take a little longer to mature as footie players.
Actually I see this as a make or break season in the big fellas career, he either shows more aggression and urgency or never fulfills his potential with us, I'd love to see him dominate in the forwards and become a wrecking machine, if he does and Brett and Wolfie stay injury free we can give this competition a real shake.

Bones said to me the other day that crusher said it would take a couple of seasons for the big fella to really show what he has got and this is the season

Have heard all the same stuff said about him making it as i heard about Vatuvei 3 years ago (Not saying he will be a Vatuvei though)

Moondog link said:
Be great to see him back. If he has a season anything like '08 I'll be happy!

I'll be more than happy. Looking forward to Wolfman having an injury free season and getting back to his '08 form. We need his speed and I've also missed his character.

However, just a bit concerned when I read yesterday Wolfman was in doubt for the Twenty20 fundraising match due to a......hamstring injury! (I'm surprised no-one's mentioned it.) Hope it was very minor and his return is still on track.

Meanwhile, I got the distinct impression when talking to T-Rex at the end of last season he's looking forward to playing in the forwards this year, which apparently was the plan when we bought him from the Eels. I agree he's been too lazy in the backs and hopefully will play to his full potential in the forwards this year.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Moondog link=topic=186337.msg313525#msg313525 date=1296204349]
Be great to see him back. If he has a season anything like '08 I'll be happy!
And a season anything like '09?
[/quote]

Let's say, it was mistake free

2010 that was, not 2009

I love the Wolfman. What he lacks in skill (which can be taught), he makes up for in passion and heart. I remember him tearing back just prior to the finals to tackle someone just before the try line.

I'm telling you as fact - T Williams would not have been able to make that play.

Ryan link said:
I love the Wolfman. What he lacks in skill (which can be taught), he makes up for in passion and heart. I remember him tearing back just prior to the finals to tackle someone just before the try line.

I'm telling you as fact - T Williams would not have been able to make that play.

Coote from memory and put Coote out for the season

You are right, Tony wouldn't have been able to make that play, but then again, David wouldn't have been able to run over the top of Billy Slater like Tony did, does that really matter ?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6