Next Immortals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Given Reg Gasnier's unfortunate passing time to think of this.

For me it's these guy's :

Norm Provan - Incredible run of Premierships, only reason why he isn't in because RLW thought there were to many Dragons at the time.

Brett Kenny - scores three tries in three GF's, only player to dominate Wally Lewis(who already is an immortal) in Origin not to mention his Challenge Cup performance for Wigan against Sterlo

Ken Irvine - until recently held every try scoring record in Australia

Brian Bevan - from memory holds the world record for most tries scored in a career

Eventually I'd see Keiron Foran as the first Kiwi Immortal

Sad irony that we talk of immortals on the passing of a person.

I think Foran has a way to go before being considered even a future immortal

Provan should of got the nod last time.

If he is going to get the honour I hope they don't leave it too late.

If the media get their way it will be the first time a current player gets the honour.

Maybe Slater, Smith or SBW.

Watch it happen, these old guys aren't putting bums on seats.

As they induct more immortals it diminishes their role, perhaps add one on the passing of another one, the next inductee should be Dally Messenger.
Players like Coote and Provan, Lockyer, and even Thurston are definitely Hall of Famers, but not immortals.
I've seen Ron Coote play and he's certainly not a better player than Steve Menzies, yet who talks about Beaver as an immortal?.

Steve Matai.
He gave us the greatest hits, legal and illegal.
He's also an awesome dummy half runner and try scorer. Just great ...every week.

Moondog said:

He should already be, but not.
The NRL ignored him at his last season in 2008 and they will always ignore him. All because he wears the maroon and white.

I like the idea of tiers. ie Immortals, Hall of Fame etc.

To me the Immortals need to be very very select. So maybe you add another in 5 years time. Whereas Hall of Fame could be a couple every year or so.

Didn't we just have this discussion when Joey was anointed recently ?

bob dylan said:
Provan should of got the nod last time.

If he is going to get the honour I hope they don't leave it too late.

If the media get their way it will be the first time a current player gets the honour.

Maybe Slater, Smith or SBW.

Watch it happen, these old guys aren't putting bums on seats.

Smith should be the first Immoral.

voicefromthehill said:
Sad irony that we talk of immortals on the passing of a person.
Agree, the fact one them died should have zero bearing on when the next inductee is chosen.

Yeah it was @Clint...a double in 3 consecutive...unfortunately twice against us.

As for the Immortals I think you have to be careful not to diminish the title by adding more and more to the list.

Hall of Fame should be utilized more and revered more highly as in other codes.

The next immortal will probably be named from the holden cup before playing NRL. From listening to the breathless commentators every kid that catches a ball, scores a try or can tie his own bootlaces is a SUPERSTAR OF THE GAME or GENUINE STAR OF THE FUTURE.

If you can put your shorts on the right way and run on without tripping over a cheer girl you are at least a legend.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6