Next week - all back on deck

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
Everyone but Menzies.

Who plays who doesnt?

1. Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Bell
4. Lyon
5. Hicks
6. Monaghan
7. Orford
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Stewart
13. Burns

14. Williamson
15. Rose
16. Hall
17. Bryant

Before anyone doesnt think Burns cant handle lock.. look at Greg Bird. He doesnt need size.. willow is not much bigger than Burns. His defence was missed and would be superb in defence and can make his usual darts.

Monaghan was superb along with Ballin and deserve to start. Orford had a bad game.. i wouldnt drop him for it.

Lyon was sensational at centre.

thoughts?

Craig Wing played lock for City, no problem with Burns there.

Monas, Halden & Willo looked to have injuries, maybe this will assist Des in picking the team yet again.

[quote author=KaZa]
you think hes better than Lyon or Bell?

No. I'd have him in PL too. But a lot of others seem to want to fit him in somewhere.

[/quote]

Yeah.. nah im not one of them. I dont rate him. The first game he had this season highlighted his defence for mine. He misread a situation and they scored. Until he proves that he can defend.. he should stay in PL. Hes good in attack though.

I'd bring him back via PL. I couldn't see him staying there for too long though. First injury & he'll be back in first grade.

Food for thought.

B. Stewart
M. Robertson
S. Bell
S. Matai
C. Hicks
J. Lyon
M. Orford
J. King
M. Ballin
B. Kite
A. Watmough
G. Stewart
M. Monaghan

T. Burns
G. Rose
M. Bryant
G. Hall

*Leaves silently*

Burns would make a great lock. He plays very similar to another great Manly lock forward by the name of Ian Martin and look how many premierships he helped Manly win in the seventies with his great defence. This would allow Monahan and Orford to build an awsome halves combination for Manly and Ballin can play the full 80 minutes.

You would expect Matai definately in PL ,for atleast 3 weeks (match fitness & all )..

For me, i would have

4.Matai
6.Lyon
7.Monaghan
9.Ballin

14.Burns

PL Orford, regain some match fitness and confidence for a couple of weeks then see what he does when brought back,

Reasons for above. Lyon is completly wasted at left centre imo. All his best footy has been played on the right hand side, and for the last 10 v the Cows and when he played 5/8 yesterday, he was dangerous, floating around the park, and he and Bell are a potent weapon beside each other on the right, no coincedence imo that Bell had his best game with Lyon beside him. Burns is a perfect bench player covering halves and 9. That would just be my form side

However Des will not go near that so all irrelevant, although i dont think we have seen the last of Lyon at 5/8, des clearly has that in mind, enough to put Halden in the centres yesterday, is just a matter of how he fits Burns, Ballin and Monas in from there. None of them deserve PL on form

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6