Next week if we have McDonald

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
1.Shannon McDonald
2.Michael Robertson
3.David Williams
4.Steve Matai
5.Michael Bani
6.Jamie Lyon
7.Matt Orford
8.Josh Perry
9.Matt Ballin
10.Brent Kite
11.Shane Rodney
12.Glen Hall
13.Chris Bailey

14.Trent Hodkinson
15.Anthony Watmough
16.George Rose
17.Glenn Stewart
18.Jason King

Leave this rubbish to Ryan. There is no way you are going to bench Glen Stewart. And Cuthbo has been ****ting on King in terms of impact, and he is also streets ahead of Rose, so not to have him in the 17 is ridiculous.

Actually Stewart may be on the bench, he is one of few who is guaranteed to play friday night so might appreciate the rest.

I assume that was the logic behind it at any rate.

And yes Blitz, he shouldnt be on his own

Piss bani off as well.  he can't tackle and won't catch the ball on the full.  useless.

What's with the Glenn Stewart bench thing?  He was the best on the park for us tonight.  Without him it would have been a massacre.  Bani has no potential Fro.  I saw some spark early last year but it is extinguished.  He plays scared, timid and frightened.  I don't see anything that looks dimly like potential there.  He and Choc will be targetted in attack.  They're both grabbers and don't put any shoulder into it.  They need to go back to tackling school.  Get the tires out. 

I know it's not going to be a popular suggestion but I'd really like to see watmough in the centers next week, Lyon at 5/8 and Bailey at lock, there isn't much of a diffrence between a wide running second rower and a centre these days anyway and if it get Lyon closer to the ball it's got to be a good move. Watmough wouldn't be my first pick for a centre but think he's our best option at present.

Isn't poore playing on the centres instead of back row for the dragons? Doing a good job too whoever it is who moved there

I think you mean Neville Costigan, Dan. I can't imagine Justin Poore as a centre.

If we move Lyon to 5/8 then I don't care who they put at centre as long as they can tackle one on one and catch the ball. This is patently not Watmough or Neumann.

Robbo & Bani are currently both tentative, lightweight & uncommitted.  Skittles near the try line.

When will Des accept that Robbo is NOT solid at fullback? He's a liability there. Guaranteed linedropout if Robbo gets the ball in or near the ingoal.  Sits on the tryline waiting for the attacker and then makes uncommitted hand-grabs. Unable to break a tackle in attack.  His significant attacking attributes are ability to catch a ball and speed, both of which are suited to wing but are not enough for fullback.  

Bani similarly is currently a tentative skittle on the wing.  Tentative in attack, tentative in defence, even tentative in grabbing the ball. Waiting on the tryline, especially when you're in that frame of mind and that weight just gifts the opposition a try.

Both Robbo & Bani need to drop the tentative jinking on the spot in attack and just go for the gap at full speed, full commitment. And put a step on at pace if you're able. Like Robbo was doing last season.

The ridiculous passes by Ox & Cuthbo last night & the missed tries last week by Matai & Lyon are great examples of players trying too hard.  And playing to the scoreboard and to the competition table.  Players can only successfully play what is in front of them, not their image of what should be there.  Manly's currently playing the image, and not noticing what's actually there.

Oppositions are successfully targeting the defensive gap between Ox and Watmough.

With the 2 referees, the game has changed.  The game has sped up due to less video ref stoppages, exposing fitness deficiencies in bigger forwards.  Inexperienced referees are picking up infringements that more experienced referees previously let go & the extra eyes adds more penalties.  So games are now being determined by refereeing penalties.  Either Manly go from the most penalised team to one of the least, or kiss the season (and following seasons) good-bye.

Could the 2 referee system spell the end of brilliant but erratic players like Watmough? Or can they adapt?

Can Des adapt?

If McDonnell plays next week we will lose by minimum 50. You think you have seen bad? Wait till he pulls on a jersey.

I would rather play with no fullback.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4