Next Week Start Parcell?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Its time to start the kid.
Obviously changed the tempo immediately, held his own defensively & the attack gets a far better roll on with his speed out of dummy half
Also unlucky not to be awarded that opportunist try at a critical stage of the game.

Would he work as well not starting (genuine question) or could you even start with a Jamie B to take the sting out of the game?

Would he work as well not starting (genuine question) or could you even start with a Jamie B to take the sting out of the game?
There's value in the change of pace he brings Isz, but really feel he has enough ability to set a better tempo for Manly off the opening siren, rather than chase the speed of the game set by the opposition like games 1 & 2.....
By having that extra speed in the ruck early, it will also take away more juice from the opposition to help slow down their attacking go forward when they get the ball back.
It will also allow him more space in the back end of each half ( I agree with you this is an area zippy dummy halves usually benefit) but with Parcells fitness, he won't slow down at the 35th minute, but his presence from kickoff , will ensure the defence has less energy.

Every game this year has been helter skelter for the first 20 or so minutes. Ireally think we better starting pack (im looking at you Myles and brown) and Parcell to start and keep the pace up high.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2.Jorge Taufua
3.Steve Matai
4.Dylan Walker
6. Jamie Lyon (C)
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Matt Parcell
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Blake Leary
12. Marty Taupau
13. Jamie Buhrer
Interchange
14. Nate Myles
15. Liam Knight
16. Feleti Mateo
17. Siosaia Vave

Coach
Geoff Toovey

1 Snake
2 Taufua
3 Lyon (swap walker and lyon throughout the game)
4 Matai
5 Turbo
6 Walker
7 DCE
8 Lawrence
9 Parcell
10 Myles
11 Buhrer
12 Taupau
13 Trbojevic

14 Brown
15 Leary
16 Lussick
17 Knight

18 Koroisau

Yes start him, and tell him to maybe not pass so flat every ball. Otherwise love Parcell! Great signing!

Yes start him, and tell him to maybe not pass so flat every ball. Otherwise love Parcell! Great signing!
Agreed that pass on HT in great attacking position not his best, but on that point - Tigers must have thrown 10 of those & worse & got pinged 0 times for it - another frustrating part of the game.

Im not sold n 2 hookers. I feel the competition is making them both a tad needy to impress
I think the backline just doesnt get the ball enough with this continual turning the ball back inside.

Both are fine players but im not sure this arrangement is helping the team find its rhythm. Im all for competition but this doesnt feel right to me.

Cherry needs more ball so we can see if he can get us round the park. He seems lost. Some of that is his issue to fix as he just doesnt appear to demand the ball, but getting the hookers to sing of the same songbook will help

Parcell needs to play 80 mins. Hopefully Api just needs some time to get his head right given all he's been through off the field, but he's not up to first grade at the moment.

Agreed that pass on HT in great attacking position not his best, but on that point - Tigers must have thrown 10 of those & worse & got pinged 0 times for it - another frustrating part of the game.
Well some may say we got the best of the penalties in the first half but to me they were honest infringements, not getting the rub of the green ala Parra. The refs did us no favours when it counted though.

It may just be serving up the ball where the player is - hey might need to start their runs a fraction later. It's all teething stuff that everyone should be sacked for immediately...

Well some may say we got the best of the penalties in the first half but to me they were honest infringements, not getting the rub of the green ala Parra. The refs did us no favours when it counted though.

It may just be serving up the ball where the player is - hey might need to start their runs a fraction later. It's all teething stuff that everyone should be sacked for immediately...
100% agree - the commentary were making it seem like the ref was helping, yet the style of Tigers defence , could have been penalised far more....2-3 years ago when Storm & Dogs dominated the opposition in the ruck - it was simply frustrating tactics where they were willing to give away penalties but frustrate the attack - leading to errors & not allowing them a roll on....very good tactics if allowed - particularly to a NEW Manly team learning combinations.
As you state correctly - the BIG decisions certainly went their way.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2