Next week will be a real test of where we are at.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
I don't like being negative but i think we could lose this one. Its very hard to win 4 in a row and our last 3 wins have been against mediocre teams. If we do beat the Cowboys i will really start to get excited.

I just watched them play Cronulla and I didn't see anything to be worried about. If we play the way we have been lately we should beat them.

Ralphie said:
I just watched them play Cronulla and I didn't see anything to be worried about. If we play the way we have been lately we should beat them.

Well we needed an ounce of luck to beat the Sharks and they did it pretty easily. They are a good side this year. If we do beat them next week we'll be one of the few teams that will beat them on their home turf. Definitely won't be easy.

Thinking we could lose this one isn't negative, it's quite realistic. It's also realistic we could win.

Being scared of losing is negative. Bring it on.

Masked Eagle said:
Ralphie said:

Well we needed an ounce of luck to beat the Sharks and they did it pretty easily. They are a good side this year. If we do beat them next week we'll be one of the few teams that will beat them on their home turf. Definitely won't be easy.

Cronulla lost Nathan Gardner & Albert Kelly early in the game. Those two are the sum of their attack and add in that they then had a bench of 2 and the girls should have beaten them by 40.

Rex said:
Thinking we could lose this one isn't negative, it's quite realistic. It's also realistic we could win.

Being scared of losing is negative. Bring it on.

In the end even if we lose i will remain fairly positive and i hope the old doom and gloom does not return on these forums. Every team loses a few. Im just prepared for a tough game that we could easily lose is all.

Ralphie said:
Masked Eagle said:
Ralphie said:

Cronulla lost Nathan Gardner & Albert Kelly early in the game. Those two are the sum of their attack and add in that they then had a bench of 2 and the girls should have beaten them by 40.

Yes there attack, but they still wracked 30 points and did so quite well. You can only beat who they opposition put on the paddock and the Cowboys are playing with excellent discipline. JT isn't whinging and he's got some good help with Ray Thompson and Matty Bowen returning to some of his best. There forward pack is going great as well. They definitely aren't the same fragile team as last year. Definitely won't be easy.

Masked Eagle said:
Ralphie said:
Masked Eagle said:
Ralphie said:

Yes there attack, but they still wracked 30 points and did so quite well. You can only beat who they opposition put on the paddock and the Cowboys are playing with excellent discipline. JT isn't whinging and he's got some good help with Ray Thompson and Matty Bowen returning to some of his best. There forward pack is going great as well. They definitely aren't the same fragile team as last year. Definitely won't be easy.

Fair points and I'm not suggesting it will be easy, but you simply cannot compare how one team plays another to how we played against them.The same side can play well one week and poor the next. The simply fact is that Cronulla always lift against us because of the history.

Yeah, the Cows are playing very well this year. Defensively they're a completely different outfit, thanks largely to Dallas Johnson and blokes like Glen Hall. And I think Matt Scott is the best front rower in the game. They've also got a bit more mongrel than they've had for a few years, and a great young forward in Tariq Sims, brother of Ashton, who's also now up at Townsville.
Be a good test for us, but let's not forget we're capable of asking them a couple of questions, too. If I were DCE or Kieran I'd be putting up bombs to Ashley Graham all night . . .

Be good to have b stewart back for this one. thurston and bowen are very wily when going well. A bit more experience to go with our confidence to take people on and we might finally get away with one up there.

We need to beat a top 5 contender. So far we have beaten teams who are unlikely to be top 8 contenders. That Souffs loss is looking costly because quite frankly souffs are ****house. We struggled to convincingly beat the other teams who are all fairly average. Big test next wek.

i wont be there for once so we should win.

in reality will be very tough.we all know what the penalty count will be and JT is looking as good as ive seen him.win this and we are genuine top 4 hopes.

also beating storm and brisbane is pretty hard to argue with based on 7 rounds of football.

susan said:
i wont be there for once so we should win.

in reality will be very tough.we all know what the penalty count will be and JT is looking as good as ive seen him.win this and we are genuine top 4 hopes.

also beating storm and brisbane is pretty hard to argue with based on 7 rounds of football.

Hi Sue - Thought you were a Melbournian?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7