Next week will be a real test of where we are at.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree a good test of where we are at.....it's always hard winning at Townsville (just ask Susan who has been there 5 times for zero wins)...I am 1 win from 3 times, and that was last year when the Cowboys were pretty ordinary. Thurston is always the key, if he's on big time they will be hard to beat BUT he does have his off days where nothing goes right.

I think one thing will win this for us...defence....we have frustrated many sides so far with our up and in your face defence and as good as JT is, if he forwards are being dominated he'll have a bad night.

So that's the key, defend, defend and defend some more

agree Mark.Our forwards are clearly better on paper and need to dominate in defence.Always get caned in penalties up there as well (or it seems that way anyway) but we are used to that in every game I suppose.
Winterstien and Graham need butterfly nets under the high ball and the big fijian winger has a mistake in him too.Plenty of bombs to the corners i would suggest.the 1.90/1.80 market is on the money for this one.

I'm not overly confident of a win but i'm really confident in where we are at as a team. Our defence is great. our attack is getting better every week. I think Daly needs to dummy alot less then what he is at the moment. Other teams are reading it now. But that will come with experience. Other than that i really don't have any other gripes.

I'm pretty confident for this one. Mark is on the money. Our defense has been really solid and that's what is needed to bustle other teams out of it. Our backline is superior and with Matai going great guns I can see a win by 8 up there. Lyon will shut down any breakouts by Thurston and Hoppa on the wing or f/b will terrorize their outside backs. I can see Glenn and Choc running at Thurston all night tiring him out and slowing him down.. His defense is really poor. It'll be my first time up that way and I'm ready for the win.

DSM5 said:
I'm pretty confident for this one. Mark is on the money. Our defense has been really solid and that's what is needed to bustle other teams out of it. Our backline is superior and with Matai going great guns I can see a win by 8 up there. Lyon will shut down any breakouts by Thurston and Hoppa on the wing or f/b will terrorize their outside backs. I can see Glenn and Choc running at Thurston all night tiring him out and slowing him down.. His defense is really poor. It'll be my first time up that way and I'm ready for the win.

Don't forget Matty Bowen. He's definitely one who needs to be shut down too. If there are any holes in our defence, he is sure to be one to find them.

Well, we have a bloody good team so at least we will be extremely competitive, I'm thinking it may just come down to a bounce of the ball or a Refs decision, either way it should be a cracking game.

At the beginning of this year I would have been happy to finish 4th or 5th but I'm starting to believe we have the team to go all the way.

DSM5 said:

I should have added, that when Thurston is being pressured he has a habit of giving away penalties...and whilst we can't expect anything but "home ground advantage" on that front I remember the lats time up there he gave away about 3 or 4 through sheer frustration, and that was very telling.

Our defence will frustrate him and that will cause him to spit the dummy (we all know he's a huge dummy spitter), so as long as the forwards are up for it I'd agree with DSM, Manly by 8

I think if we are to win it will be an arm wrestle I think our attack is probably still a good 10 - 12 weeks away from our best

Most of our points are coming from Matai/robbos side of the field.
We still havent seen the best of Jamie lyon this season with him in form with hoppa outside him and brett getting near his best at the back we will have enough trys in us to make atleast the second last week of the finals.

Built on our defense, all the way would not be a big surprise. The Goons and Broncs are our only obstacles.

Im more worried about the Scum than anyone else to be honest

They are dangerous

Broncos have had substandard opponents thus far

The most intimidating factor at dairy farmers stadium is there cheerleaders and if we overcome this we should win well

BOZO said:
The most intimidating factor at dairy farmers stadium is there cheerleaders and if we overcome this we should win well

Our Jim Beam girls could beat their XXXX girls hands down!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7