Next weeks team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

highlandeagle

Where eagles soar
Subject to change due to bloody injuries but here goes
1) Snake
2)Blair(because every one else is out)
3)Matai
4)Wiliame
5)Wolf
6) Hiku
7)JLJ
8)Jake T
9)Ballin
10)Sao
11)Buhrer
12)T Red
13)Lui
14)Hodges(need creativity around th ruck)
15)Horo
16)Burgess
17)Tyson Andrews
18) Mason(because we are going real bad if he's in our 17)

I would go for this team

I am assuming that Snake and Tom T are injured.

Hiku
Blair
Lyon
Matai
Wolf
Foran
DCE
Buhrer
Symonds
Horo
Ballin
Jake T
Mason

Hodges
Andrews
Burgess
Lui
Lui

Killer is apparently an almost certain starter against the Scumdogs.

IF Tom T is out I'd go:

Peta, Blair, Killer, Skivy, Wolf, Foran, ?, Mason, Ballin, Jake T, Ferris, T-Red, Lui. Res - Sao, Burgess, Horo, Hodges

I have a ? at halfback because DCE is woefully out of form. But he'll probably play anyway.

What I think the team will end up looking like is:

Peta, Blair, Killer, Skivy, Wiliame, Foran, DCE, Mason, Ballin, Jake T, Ferris, T-Red, Lui. Res - Sao, Burgess, Horo, Hodges/Andrews

Either way can we please for the love of God finish a damn game with 17 healthy players!!!!!!!

Gee I hope it's exactly the same because we all know the old saying that if you do things exactly the same and expect a different result, you're a genius!!!!

I'm not going to say what the team should be. But tv said everyone was on notice. Something has to change re the tactics or the team. Something isn't working. Either put hodges on the bench to try and fix our ruck. Or make a statement by dumping one of our halves.

Last edited:
I don't care anymore.

or maybe, make about 12 changes to the 17 who played v Penrith;

2 back from injury,
1 or 2 from 2nds (NSW cup) &
8 or 9 from u20s.

Do we risk bringing up young Demetriou from the under 20's....I don't want to jeopardise his development but desperate times call for desperate Measures.

Hodges is wasted if he doesn't get any game time.

1. Hiku
2. Blair
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Williams
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. J. Trbojevic
9. Ballin
10. Mason
11. Buhrer
12. Symonds (although he has looked average both in the 2nd row and in centres, IMO)
13. Lui
------
14. Hodges
15. Sao
16. Horo
17. Burgess

I'm sorry Andrew, from what I saw on TV, Demetriou will always be a great lower grader but never a first grader.

I'm sorry Andrew, from what I saw on TV, Demetriou will always be a great lower grader but never a first grader.
That's fair enough...I have limited knowledge of his overall ability, truthfully I've only see him play a couple of games, and that was on TV.
Just asking as a matter of interest...do you have a preferred option for our situation.

Only change I would make is Hodges into the side on the bench, I guess in place of JSL who will be out. Hopefully Lyon will be back which will mean Wiliame onto the wing for Trobovic who will more than likely be out.

I do not think dropping the halves as some are suggesting will get us a win. We will be even worse in attack.

Hodges is wasted if he doesn't get any game time.

1. Hiku
2. Blair
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Williams
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. J. Trbojevic
9. Ballin
10. Mason
11. Buhrer
12. Symonds (although he has looked average both in the 2nd row and in centres, IMO)
13. Lui
------
14. Hodges
15. Sao
16. Horo
17. Burgess
Tooves has to keep picking Symonds so he can move out to the centers every fuking time we get an injured back.

I'd go:

01. Peta Hiku
02. David Williams
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
06. Brayden Wiliame
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Luke Burgess
09. Matt Ballin
10. Willie Mason
11. Dunamis Lui
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jake Trbojevic
15. Ligi Sao
16. Tyson Andrews
17. Justin Horo

Brenton Lawrence's back surgery was a success with the front-rower sore but looking forward to commencing his rehab as soon as possible to get back on the field. He won't be due back until very late this season.

Captain Jamie Lyon will need another week to get over his troublesome groin, as too will centre partner Steve Matai (elbow).

Feleti Mateo's rehab on his knee is going well but the skillful forward is still a few weeks away from a return at this stage. It's similar news for Josh Starling.
Jorge Taufua's recoverey is on the rise, with the powerful winger hoping of a return in the next few weeks.

Clinton Gutherson is undergoing rehab from his ACL injury that was sustained during the Round 1 loss to Parramatta.

Lastly, Blake Leary returns this week to the NSW Cup side after overcoming a back injury sustained in our Round 2 win against the Storm

Lawrence and Starling is a big loss. They're our top props and forward leaders and we are missing their aggression and meters.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6