Next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
It's obvious from the last two months of football that the team are really having a dig for each other, the effort is there, but we are a few ingredients short of being a genuine top8/top 4 side.

Moving forward I think

1. We will have Blake Green next year to take some pressure of DCE and pose a threat either side of the ruck.

2. We should sign TRex; massive call but the only time the Dogs looked like they had our measure was when Kas and TRex came on. It was only time our side looked flustered. He will struggle to get the coin he wants at the Dogs given how many players they need to re-sign so I think he is available for the taking. If not TRex then Tagatese. We need 1 more mad giant in our squad!

3. There are no decent outside backs off contract so Matai needs to Go around next year with Walker in the centres. Brenko lee will go to the Dogs and that's the only other option worth pursuing.

i think they need a really good look at the types of injury we're getting and what they might do differently to prevent them.

We need a goal kicker.

We need to seriously consider the type of leadership that Killer has offered and figure how on earth we replace that.

We need to get the injured olayers operated on now so they have plenty of recovery time.

I would replace Cartwright - not me personally - though it would be a blast!

From what I hear, I'd back Zorba right away from the team and the coaches.

We should get another four Kapows.

We can't wear the green blob again.

And, most importantly , those boys and our coaches should never ever again have to wear those hideous camel colored pants to games. Never.

It's obvious from the last two months of football that the team are really having a dig for each other, the effort is there, but we are a few ingredients short of being a genuine top8/top 4 side.

Moving forward I think

1. We will have Blake Green next year to take some pressure of DCE and pose a threat either side of the ruck.

2. We should sign TRex; massive call but the only time the Dogs looked like they had our measure was when Kas and TRex came on. It was only time our side looked flustered. He will struggle to get the coin he wants at the Dogs given how many players they need to re-sign so I think he is available for the taking. If not TRex then Tagatese. We need 1 more mad giant in our squad!

3. There are no decent outside backs off contract so Matai needs to Go around next year with Walker in the centres. Brenko lee will go to the Dogs and that's the only other option worth pursuing.
If Trex comes back then Manly might as well write off 2017 now :mad:

Trex is playing for a contract and looks engaged for 20 minutes a month:cool:

No, no, no :!!:

We didn't get the same impact from our bench that the Dogs got so TRex on the bench is a good idea in my mind. He is playing well again and can create problems on the edges
I can't see a gentle Barrett getting performances out of the gentle giant.

are we still after Mead? .... and Tom Wright and Brad Parker are both hopefuls

We are in desperate need of a winger. I'd actually take a look at Jonathan Wright from warriors, 6'2 pretty quick and wouldn't break the bank. Off contract this year( may have re- signed, not 100%).

I'll be very disappointed if we don't make 1 or 2 astute backline signings. In desperate need of genuine speed.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: B Parker
5: M Wright
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: D Lussick
9: A Koroisau
10: A Fonua-Blake
11: M Taupau
12: J Buhrer
13: J Trbojevic

14: L Brown
15: N Myles
16: L Knight
17: J Hopoate

I'd be giving Meehan a full season to become NRL ready maybe he will be ready by round 1 after a full pre season. Walker, Api and DCE will be happy to get a full preseason under themselves. And the spine will also be better after a season together and green will slot straight in. We are a top 8 side. We have the one of the top 4 packs believe or not in the comp this year but the backline is struggling due to continuous injuries. Hopoate and Knight to make impact off the bench with myles and brown coming on to take the pressure off with smart running and solid defence. Addin can hold his own starting, he showed it last night against one of the best packs.

We really need a class centre and a dynamic winger and maybe we can get away with the pack next year who look short just one decent player coming off the bench to keep the momentum going.
So we need a centre, a 5/8th, a dummy half, a goal kicker & maybe some more forwards & we think next year will different to this year & last year.

Wow, we are starting to sound like Parra fans. Well at least they love their coach.

We need for the future-

5/8: will be green next year but we need someone to take over from him.

Centre: need someone to partner walker, hopefully whare or Gutherson can come back or maybe Parker will prove a great option.

Forward: IMO we need 1 more good prop, backrow looks set with Jake, Buhrer and Marty. But we need a big name international prop to lead the pack, JWH or even make a massive play for Taumalolo.

Everything else is sweet IMO, great team but inexperienced together and took a long time to click. We will be better next year so will all the players.

We need for the future-

Centre: need someone to partner walker, hopefully whare or Gutherson can come back or maybe Parker will prove a great option.

Forward: IMO we need 1 more good prop, backrow looks set with Jake, Buhrer and Marty. But we need a big name international prop to lead the pack, JWH or even make a massive play for Taumalolo.

Everything else is sweet IMO, great team but inexperienced together and took a long time to click. We will be better next year so will all the players.
Man you have to offer up some serious possibilities...Taumalolo and JWH are 1. not off contract and 2. are highly valued and happy at the clubs they are currently playing for.

The best chance we have of signing a decent player involve them either being off-contract or "on the nose" at their current club (like Dylan Walker was at Souths for example).

The off-contract outside back ranks are scarily thin so I think we need Matai to play on for one more year and offer the experience that Lyon currently offers. I also like the idea of blooding a player like Brad Parker who is 192cm tall and filling out with a bit of speed and strength.

The Gutherson horse has bolted and he is very happy at the Eels and knows that Tom T is fullback for good so he would look at other clubs like St George or Newcastle before he would ever come back to play wing or centre for us.

We need for the future-

Yep, that's pretty much what was said at the end of 2015.

Gillett is a realistic & quality back rower.
Outside backs as suggested a must...these Warriors backs look worthy & would love 1 or 2 Canberra backs like Rapana/Lealua who are sick of the cold & want a beach change....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4