• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
So it's not even Xmas yet but already we look to have our first real surprise packet of the year appear.

Nicho Hynes.

He is hanging out with the bigger boys, and look he may be being developed and line up in the halves in the 20's.

It has been suggested on here he may play 6 for the NSW Cup.

The size, heaviness and apparent lack of mobility of many of our reserve grade backs like Lavaka, Green and Goodall has me wondering if this kid might have fullback in the NSW Cup sign sealed and delivered?

To those who have had an eye on the 20's from this year.

Tell us more about our new young kid who is making his way to the senior ranks.

Hynes is a great attacking half who likes to run the ball...was overshadowed by Knight, Turbo & Demitriou but proved himself as a future quality player in his own right.
There's 1 thing for sure, with all the talent Manly have to choose from the most important decision makers rate him enough to be training with the big boys.
Like other talented kids in that grade living in the big 3's shadows, he could well mature & go ahead in leaps & bounds.
Hynes can play & will definitely get time in the trials to prove himself, more a 2017 proposition Imo, but good luck to him, shows legitimate promise.

He has his great moments and then has his hog the ball moments. Hynes to me looks like he beleives he has to do everything when he plays he has no control IMO. His last tackle options a either get held up over the line or give a hospital ball to a forward on the 5th tackle. I think turning him into a fullback is a better idea he will play FB like Josh Dugan, not many try assists or passes, more of making big meters and lots of tries. I reckon he's a bit ordinary but I'll give him a chance he does have some beautiful abilities.

He will play NRL thats a given. He has a great attitude and already is one of players who has lots of time when he has the ball.

Nicho has a full complement of talent and should be in the halves instead of the FB spot.

He really reminds me of a young Chez, in that he is willing to try anything and does not hold onto a bad decision - just a cool headed kid :clap:

The 'hog the ball' is prevelant in all young players as they do not have the Team work awareness and get too excited. This does get fixed with coaching and hopefully a regular spot in a team. The NYC players do get chopped around and rarely do we have the same 17 back up week after week.

The semi against the Cowboys, who were unbackable favourites, where Nicho slots over the field goal to get Manly into the GF, shows his mental maturity :)

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/09/26/sea_eagles_make_hold.html

upload_2015-12-18_7-17-53.png

He has his great moments and then has his hog the ball moments. Hynes to me looks like he beleives he has to do everything when he plays he has no control IMO. His last tackle options a either get held up over the line or give a hospital ball to a forward on the 5th tackle. I think turning him into a fullback is a better idea he will play FB like Josh Dugan, not many try assists or passes, more of making big meters and lots of tries. I reckon he's a bit ordinary but I'll give him a chance he does have some beautiful abilities.

That's a laugh, and you're willing to throw Wright into the cauldron. Have you even watched a GPS rugby match when Wright is playing? Other than what you have seen on YouTube or read in the media, if Hynes is a "hog", Wright is tenfold in what he shows in GPS rugby.

That's a laugh, and you're willing to throw Wright into the cauldron. Have you even watched a GPS rugby match when Wright is playing? Other than what you have seen on YouTube or read in the media, if Hynes is a "hog", Wright is tenfold in what he shows in GPS rugby.
Hynes is a hog all he does is make stupid decisions on last tackle. In wrights highlights videos you can see him passing more than Hynes in a game. Hynes is nothing more than a reserve grader IMO nothing special. But I would be happy to be proven wrong by nicho

Hynes is a hog all he does is make stupid decisions on last tackle. In wrights highlights videos you can see him passing more than Hynes in a game. Hynes is nothing more than a reserve grader IMO nothing special. But I would be happy to be proven wrong by nicho
His highlights package is a few minutes of snippets from the 2014/15 school season. You cannot be serious. Won't bother arguing with you, better off banging my head against a wall, would get more sense out of it.

Hynes is our next 5/8 plain and simple. I don't know if Brookvale 15 watched any of last years finals series but Nicho really came of age. When he came off the bench he showed a cool head and great class. Was the ice man kicking the field goal in the grand final qualifier and really steadied the ships after Pearsall and Travers executed panic play after panic play. He also has a bit of size about him and will be able to handle the defence. Long kicking game is awesome and I'm sure DCE will be able to teach him a few tricks! I rate Hynes as our biggest prospect outside of Tom Turbo.

Hynes is our next 5/8 plain and simple. I don't know if Brookvale 15 watched any of last years finals series but Nicho really came of age. When he came off the bench he showed a cool head and great class. Was the ice man kicking the field goal in the grand final qualifier and really steadied the ships after Pearsall and Travers executed panic play after panic play. He also has a bit of size about him and will be able to handle the defence. Long kicking game is awesome and I'm sure DCE will be able to teach him a few tricks! I rate Hynes as our biggest prospect outside of Tom Turbo.
Dead right mate. According to brookvale15 wright shows more promise in a 5 min video

If Hynes is so good why wasn't he starting ahead of travers who is ordinary, for most of the season

I agree, yes he hogs the ball too much does not give it out, part of the reason the backs in the 20s don't see a lot of ball, especially the wingers. Sorry but I don't see any greatness or stand out features which puts him ahead of any others, he needs to work on his defence. To be fair I don't think the halves is his position, you couldn't compare him to some of the better halves going around and he is not a fullback. I would have him in the backrow and see how he goes there

I agree, yes he hogs the ball too much does not give it out, part of the reason the backs in the 20s don't see a lot of ball, especially the wingers. Sorry but I don't see any greatness or stand out features which puts him ahead of any others, he needs to work on his defence. To be fair I don't think the halves is his position, you couldn't compare him to some of the better halves going around and he is not a fullback. I would have him in the backrow and see how he goes there
Well nicho must have caught the eye of trent to be asked to train full time with 1st grade so there's potential. Didn't get the ball to the backs? Demetriou is a back isn't he ?tom t? Jesse boggle ? All scored plenty of tries . Plenty of fair points there I agree but he is only 18 far better prospect than wright at the moment, but the half we should all be excited about is cade cust watch him go in the 20s this year with parker and bainbridge

Well nicho must have caught the eye of trent to be asked to train full time with 1st grade so there's potential. Didn't get the ball to the backs? Demetriou is a back isn't he ?tom t? Jesse boggle ? All scored plenty of tries . Plenty of fair points there I agree but he is only 18 far better prospect than wright at the moment, but the half we should all be excited about is cade cust watch him go in the 20s this year with parker and bainbridge
A better prospect than wright, yeah righto did Hynes have 13 nrl clubs chasing him?

I agree with Cade Crust, but in the games that
The left edge hardly gets the ball especially if Nicho plays there, with Ramien and Thomas on that edge it was the same for the finals, one thing that stuffed Manly up they didn't throw the ball around to wear out a big Penrith side. Nicho, is a hog and needs to get that out of his system if he ever has aspirations to play in the halves. Tom is a fullback and has the whole field to himself he doesn't have to wait for the ball to be passed. But agree with you on Crust good little player

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7