[Resurrected] Nicho Hynes vs Nathan Cleary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
if Hynes has potential, obviously identified by the club promoting him to train with senior camp, we should throw him in the deep end like Panthers have done with Cleary

Green is a capable 5/8 but he will be retired in 2 years

I say look to youth like we did with Foz

From the highlights he seems to be nippy without being very fast, but he does seem to have two excellent aspects of his game. First is his kicking. He seems to have all forms well developed and has an excellent long kicking ability. His other standout skill is his selective passing. He's a quick thinker, has soft hands passing and knows when to pass across the face to outside men. I'd like him a little faster, his defence is OK but he does have some special skills. Will they translate well in the top grade though?

No- Cleary is better....Hynes has similar potential but Cleary takes better options - agree Hynes deserves a shot come 2017 trials...but what happened to Tom Wright....is he cursed with injuries because potentially, is better than both of them

No- Cleary is better....Hynes has similar potential but Cleary takes better options - agree Hynes deserves a shot come 2017 trials...but what happened to Tom Wright....is he cursed with injuries because potentially, is better than both of them
Wright has been playing fullback for under 20s and has been pretty good. His kicking game IMO is a lot better than I thought it would be also. He in fact scored his first try in under 20s today. He's also very fast and has shown great footwork.

Wright is back playing Holden Cup. Has had a dreadful time of it with injuries and I suspect he'll just use the rest of the year getting used to a different type of game and getting his body back in match fit state. I dont think we'll see how good Tom Wright is until 2017. Hard to say how good he'll be at this stage.

Wright has been playing fullback for under 20s and has been pretty good. His kicking game IMO is a lot better than I thought it would be also. He in fact scored his first try in under 20s today. He's also very fast and has shown great footwork.

Are you there at the game Turbo? How are the lads going? I see its 18-16 in Manly's favour at half time in the Holden Cup.

Hey Turbo. If you are at the game watching the Holden Cup, can you please give us a run down of the game. Seems Manly have run away with it. Like to hear your thoughts on Bainbridge, Cust and Tom Wright. Last I looked Manly were leading against 9th placed Newcastle 52-22 with a few minutes to play. Would love to hear your description of play.

This is a real turn up

Thanks Bradza. I must have upset Turbo at some stage. Turbo speak to me. Are you out there? I'd use a Ouija board but I think Turbo's still alive.
Haha sorry mate. I haven't been at the game but my uncle has been and he was filling me in on who is playing promising footy. He outlined wright as a player he likes and said he plays a bit like s Johnson.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
Hey Turbo. If you are at the game watching the Holden Cup, can you please give us a run down of the game. Seems Manly have run away with it. Like to hear your thoughts on Bainbridge, Cust and Tom Wright. Last I looked Manly were leading against 9th placed Newcastle 52-22 with a few minutes to play. Would love to hear your description of play.

This is a real turn up

BF I'm at the game. Bainbridge is very solid and a real workhorse. His size might be an issue in relation to NRL but you know what you get every week with him. He plays hard in both defence and attack and goes all day. Cust broke his nose early in last weeks game so didn't play today. Wright was fantastic today as mentioned scored a hat-trick of tries the first was very impressive; step at the line and threw the dummy to go through, was about 40m out the Newcastle FB showed him the touch line and with about 10m of space wright put the foot down and ran straight past the FB to score without a hand being laid on him. He also threw an excellent cut out pass to hit the winger on the chest for our third try. It was good to see the boys muscle up in the middle something which has been missing most of the season.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
I watched the Holden cup and we have 2 potential five eights running around. Nico is a good goal kicker and solid player. Young Tom Wright carved up the knights and scored some brilliant tries. Hope the boys get a chance next season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4