No. 12 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With the not so unfortunate departure of T-Rex, who should get his number 12 jersey.

I would have said Lussick was the front runner until he had a brain snap and left, but I think it's there to be claimed right now. I really couldn't nominate anyone with any certainty.

Ideas people ?

Simon, I think Mauro deserves the spot. He is coming along very well. I was very critical of him 2 years ago but I think he got the laziness out of his game and is looking well. Last season I was very impressed. He was a settling influence a few times and would carty that ball forward with intent. I would also like to see a few younger guys get a run this year if injuries, suspension or rep duties take players away.

One of the new guys should get a stab at it to prove themselves and cement the spot as their own.

It really depends on what they do with choc, if they keep him in tight, I think horo will get the left edge, if choc goes back out to run of fozzy (which I really hope) I think buhrer will start in the middle.

Regardless, horo will make the 17 and at full strength mauro won't be in the 17.

eagleE said:
Simon, I think Mauro deserves the spot. He is coming along very well. I was very critical of him 2 years ago but I think he got the laziness out of his game and is looking well. Last season I was very impressed. He was a settling influence a few times and would carty that ball forward with intent. I would also like to see a few younger guys get a run this year if injuries, suspension or rep duties take players away.

The is less than zero chance of Mauro getting a starting second row spot for multiple reasons, the most glaring being that he is far better suited to being a prop.

The number 12 for this year is a fair question mark. Will most likely come from either Lawrence, Horo, Buhrer, or Chee Kam.

One option that should be considered is moving Watmough out there. His style of play seems better suited to a wide running back rower.

Horo - actually think he'll kill it with us

Don't understand the heat on Lussick on here all he did at the time was take an offer that blew ours out of the water and a possibility of a starting spot something at the moment he won't get at Manly.

By season's end it may not be the same player as starts the season. Buhrer may get first shot. I agree that Mauro is doing well as a bench 'tight forward' ie front rower really. I think Toovey would be looking for someone a bit more explosive or agile as a starting 12, ideally another 80-minute type.

I spoke to Lussick last year about the possibility of a back-row spot opening up if Williams moved on, but he said ruefully that his days in the second row were behind him.

I think Eagles2win may be right.

I'd forgotten about Horo to be honest. He'd have to be the favourite given his experience in the back row.

Ferris is a victim of his versatility and is frankly too valuable off the bench as a replacement for Ballin or one of the centres if needed.

I'd given the last two bench spots to Rose and Brenton Lawrence.

Darcy is a good kid, wasn't a brain snap at all just made a valued judgement that an extra few hundred thousand and a run on spot was worth more than his heart strings. There are few one club players these days and there will be less in years to come. I don't begrudge him, T Dog and for that matter Parroate Jnr for jumping ship....he'll for 1.85 million I'd become am Eels supporter... Mmmmm maybe not!!!

Horo will slot into the backrow spot nicely. Chee-Kam is still probably a year off if you ask me.
The thought of Fa'aoso and Gulavao off the bench together is exciting.
I'm excited about this year, every year we have had a baby we have won a premiership. We welcomed my daughter into the world last Thursday. I've been waiting for her arrival so that I can sign her up as member when I renew mine and my sons.

Not sure I get the logic mark

Okay for Darcy to move for more money but not hoppa an t-Rex ?

King said:
The thought of Fa'aoso and Gulavao off the bench together is exciting.

Just wondering why you are excited about these two? Both are tough and would run through brick walls, but will either of them pass the ball or do anything clever? I would rate them both as 'stoppers', like Vic.
I am a lot more excited about Horo and the young recruits.

I really hope Watmough moves out to the left edge. See the game last year against the choocks for supporting evidence. That could mean Buhrer to cover defensively up the middle and his work out of dummy half is as good as any.

Gives a lot of options for interchanging.

The bloke I really hope fires up this year with some quality young bulls nipping at his heels is King. I can't remember us losing a game when he has played well. Our forward leader and I hope he gets an injury free year for once. He deserves it.

I don't have any problem with Lussick or Harrison taking the cash. I was just suggesting they may find losing gets old pretty fast.

The club really has added some great depth in the forwards.

Assuming Horo gets the nod and takes the 12, vying for 3 bench spots (Buhrer is a walk up in my opinion) we have Mauro, Lawrence, Rose, Faoso, Galavao, Sao and Chee Kam, even though the last two may not necessarily be ready yet.

Bring on March 8.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Darcy is a good kid, wasn't a brain snap at all just made a valued judgement that an extra few hundred thousand and a run on spot was worth more than his heart strings. There are few one club players these days and there will be less in years to come. I don't begrudge him, T Dog and for that matter Parroate Jnr for jumping ship....he'll for 1.85 million I'd become am Eels supporter... Mmmmm maybe not!!!

I always knew you was a whore.

Lol

Hey a sensible whore who stays away from the candy, and saves her money carefully could make in one year what it would take most of us wage earners a decade to achieve.

MWSE said:
Lawton might get a solid look in off the bench if Buhrer is starting.

I susect Horo, Lawrence etc will either play off the bench or be in the starting line up at the beginning of the year. I suspect later in the year we'll see Chee-Kam, Trbojevic, Gutherson, et al being given game time in the top grade and maybe at least one of them, maybe two, will hold down a permanent position by years end. I suspect a gradual changing of the guard this year, probably through injury.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6