No Brookie final as would "reward" club!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Officials said they did not consider switching the match to Brookvale Oval because it would reward the Sea Eagles for not being able to generate a big crowd elsewhere.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/fears-fans-will-stay-away-from-sea-eagles-semifinal-20120909-25mg0.html#ixzz260yaiIfo

So if Souths could only draw 15000 to ANZ how would they ensure they weren't to be rewarded with a home game?

Better still why wasn't last week's Cowboys game put on at ANZ?

The Cowboys will generate 40 fans for Friday night. Why aren't we bagging them for failing to help build NRL crowd interest across the game?

All of the Top 6 will have had home games in Week 1 or 2 except Manly.

Don't forget NRL that the finals at SFS and ANZ are supposed to be of interest to all NRL fans not just the two clubs. In the 1980s and 1990s fans of all Sydney clubs went to finals at SCG & SFS.

Maybe if the game was played on Sunday afternoon and not at end of peak hour on weeknight people would actually go.

SEAT OF POWER
The NRL might have matched the AFL for the TV broadcasting deal but there is absolutely no comparing the two codes for finals crowds. The other mob blitz us. 215,724 attended the AFL finals compared to 101,747 at the NRL semis. It would help the NRL if Manly fans for once decided to travel.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-coach-goeff-toovey-fails-on-tony-williams-tactics/story-e6frexnr-1226468508670

Rothfield seems to be unaware that in AFL many of the fans at finals in Melbourne are not from either of the two clubs playing. NRL fans stopped doing that in the Super League time when home finals started & moved from the SCG & SFS on weekend afternoons.

Maybe the NRL should try fixing that attitude than just calling on Manly fans alone to fill the SFS on a Friday night.

Put the game on early Saturday night or Sunday afternoon and plenty of Manly fans & families will be able to go. Suck up to tv and leave it on Friday night and reap what you sow.

Yeah this really annoys the hell out of me. I am from Canberra and would love to go on Friday but obviously i would need to miss half a day of work. I went to the Broncos semi last year and we got stuck in Friday arvo traffic and nearly missed the start and we left Canberra at 1:30. Yet the Raiders fans whos team came sixth. Get to watch thier team at home on a Sunday afternoon.
We get all these rubbish Friday night games which only suit the fans that live either in Sydney city out near the old rubbish dump at Homebush. When will they realise that the reason that Manly fans dont travel is because their arent any trains to Brookvale or the Northern Beaches. I reckon a Canberra fan would be back at home before a Manly fan from Palm Beach would. And this business of public transport is a joke as it still takes hours. And basically parents wont bother with bringing the kids and thats why the crowds are down. Manly Fans did travel to the SFS in the 90's because most Finals games were Sat afternoon or Sunday games not bloody late Friday night!!!!.

So NRL crowds over the weekend were less than half what was drawn for the AFL finals and it is the fault of Manly fans??? How about blame the location of the grounds? One venue, Dairy Farmers, barely holds 26,000, Canberra holds 35,000, Melbourne capacity is only 30,000, whilst ANZ holds 82,000. Meanwhile MCG holds 100,000, Etihad holds 65,000, AAMI in Adelaide 55,000 and Perth is around 50,000.

IT'S ALL MANLY'S FAULT!!! BLAME THEM!!!

How fcked do you have to be, to waste the rental, lighting, security at a sterile Venue, just to piss off part of your Customer Base?:p

Last year we had 11k and AAMI had 13k and there were no screaming headlines about the Scum. The only NRL Club in a City of 3 million attracting so few:mad:

The 'No one likes us and We don't care' is lost on the NRL:cool:

Win Big Manly for the few of us who can rearrange our schedules:angel:

Somebody important from our club like Hugh Jackman needs to get in the paper and say "Hey if you want a big crowd dont set the so called Manly Home Games on a Friday night in the middle of Sydney. Give us a chance to get home and get changed from work. Put the Bloody thing on Sunday Afternoon and you will get your crowd. Fair is Fair!!" finals actually suck now as i dont see us getting any benefit what so ever!

I wish the AFL put a team on the Northern Beaches, then someone might try to help Manly instead of hinder us.

Brissie Kid said:
I agree conanu. Someone needs to say it loud. We need Rex Mossop back.

So do you know anybody who is good at resurrecting the dead ?

We are not going to reward Manly with a home semi final if they do not travel!

Ok - so what's our reward if we do travel?

Oh in that case, it's no home semi final!

*case closed. Nrl logic for the win!

Go Manky!

Shows how useless our so called public figures like Fatty are! Why doesnt he come out in defence of our supporters and explain the difficulties of northern beaches residents getting to games. Even though no one cares because the majority of sydney live out in the shiitty suburbs and they will call us sooks. We cant win.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4