No excuses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The carry-on by the Cowboys has been such a poor look, I predict they will greatly regret it sooner rather than later.

The Cowboys have enjoyed quite widespread popularity among fans in general, dating particularly from their gallant finals charge in 2004. Since then they have built on that admiration through their trademark spectacular play (largely thanks to the brilliant career of Matt Bowen) in combination with the fact they don't actually win anything, and aren't likely to.

The wailing and whinging that has flowed following their exit from the 2012 comp is a timely reminder of what it is to be classy. It's not that. I'm quite prepared to concede they did not get the rub of the green, but - seriously – so what? Too bad. Manly was undoubtedly the better team on the night.

We don't get much practice at losing nowadays, but the Cowboys' poor reaction is a timely reminder that a display of good sportsmanship in defeat is something that is long remembered, but poor sportsmanship if anything is remembered even longer.

I don't expect we'll need to be good losers, but if (god forbid) we bow out amid some controversial calls, let's try to be a little classier than the Cows. Their public goodwill rating has sunk several points since Friday night.

We will win. On the Cows though, their whinging should be disciplined by the NRL. Their continual carping about the refs surely should have them on a charge of bringing the game into disrepute. Fine them, so they can get over it, and get on with life.

Take away the 3 contentious decisions in the game and we still win 12-6 ffs ,and if they try and say they could of won from that score line then why didn't they when the score was only 8-6 a few weeks before when we played them ,and they were even at home with their hillbilly supporters surrounding them !!!

Get over it .....

Terrific sentiments SER8 and I agree. I have no problems with the fans going off on here after a loss, but the club should be above that. This time of year if you are out then you are out. Endless whinging about it is a very bad look.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The carry-on by the Cowboys has been such a poor look, I predict they will greatly regret it sooner rather than later.

The Cowboys have enjoyed quite widespread popularity among fans in general, dating particularly from their gallant finals charge in 2004. Since then they have built on that admiration through their trademark spectacular play (largely thanks to the brilliant career of Matt Bowen) in combination with the fact they don't actually win anything, and aren't likely to.

The wailing and whinging that has flowed following their exit from the 2012 comp is a timely reminder of what it is to be classy. It's not that. I'm quite prepared to concede they did not get the rub of the green, but - seriously – so what? Too bad. Manly was undoubtedly the better team on the night.

We don't get much practice at losing nowadays, but the Cowboys' poor reaction is a timely reminder that a display of good sportsmanship in defeat is something that is long remembered, but poor sportsmanship if anything is remembered even longer.

I don't expect we'll need to be good losers, but if (god forbid) we bow out amid some controversial calls, let's try to be a little classier than the Cows. Their public goodwill rating has sunk several points since Friday night.

Well put.

When I think Cowboys, I think Super League grubs. Their latest carry on is exactly what I would expect from a club with no respect for the history and traditions of our game. Perhaps they are bitter because they are still yet to be recognised on the streets of Shanghai like Uncle Rupert promised.

DSM5 said:
We will win. On the Cows though, their whinging should be disciplined by the NRL. Their continual carping about the refs surely should have them on a charge of bringing the game into disrepute. Fine them, so they can get over it, and get on with life.

Agree DSM. The thing people are missing is that this is a problem between the Cowboys club and the NRL/refs. Neil Henry knows sportsmanship and has only accused the refs of failing AGAIN, not us of cheating. It's the media who are drumming up the continual finger pointing and sledging between small minded fans both North and South of the border.

It's time for the NRL to call a meeting between themselves and the Cowboys to try to smooth the ruffled feathers. (or stroke someones cock) They can't fine journos and social media will keep the simpletons bubbling along nicely. The reason i just laugh and tell people to blame the refs, not us, is because we weren't at fault. I don't get angry because there is nothing for us to defend ourselves against.

WOW, people are calling us cheats and liars!! YAWN. Is this a new thing for us?
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS - GO MANLY!!!

Someone on Foxsports news said it well. Think it was an AFL coach and it had nothing to do with the Friday night game but hits the nail on the head: You've got to do everything right as a team - cover every aspect of the game and play very well. Then talk about the bit of luck that usually comes with winning.

Cowboys didn't put in the great performance so they have no right whinging about the bad luck.

DSM5 said:

Anyone listen to the grill team this morning?

MG was calling for Foran to be fined for bringing the game into disrepute about his little lie. Seriously what a joke.

madeinplateau said:
DSM5 said:

MG was calling for Foran to be fined for bringing the game into disrepute about his little lie. Seriously what a joke.

MG is a dickhead. He should be fined for being a dickhead.

@[globaleagle],

Is your avatar an eagle wearing a Dogs jersey? :p

globaleagle said:
Jethro said:
@[globaleagle],

He's flying 'under the radar!'

:D

@[Jethro]

He looks like he's holding a can of spray paint with his right wing (hand). He must be getting ready to spray paint a few trains :p

@[globaleagle]

Jethro said:
globaleagle said:
Jethro said:
@[globaleagle],

He's flying 'under the radar!'

@[Jethro]

He looks like he's holding a can of spray paint with his right wing (hand). He must be getting ready to spray paint a few trains :p

@[globaleagle]

Nazi Eagle? (right wing) Would look out of place in a dogs jersey.

madeinplateau said:
DSM5 said:

Gayer should be fined for bringing the human race into disrepute.

Neanderthal.

He's holding a pencil and a piece of paper you, you, you...guys!

@[mozgrame]
@[Jethro]

Meh, couldn't care about geyer's comments, everyone's trying to be the next 'fox news'

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4