No Foran, no drama says Cherry-Evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly are confident they can continue to overcome the loss of key personnel with Kieran Foran ruled out for a month with a knee injury.

The tough playmaker starred in the Sea Eagles' win over North Queensland last week without halves partner Daly Cherry-Evans, yet another occasion this season when the 2013 grand finalists have tasted victory without key players.

Read More

Manly are confident they can continue to overcome the loss of key personnel with Kieran Foran ruled out for a month with a knee injury.

The tough playmaker starred in the Sea Eagles' win over North
Daly+Cherry+Evans+keyj-vY2OHLm1.jpg
Queensland last week without halves partner Daly Cherry-Evans, yet another occasion this season when the 2013 grand finalists have tasted victory without key players.

Cherry-Evans, Jorge Taufua, Brett and Glenn Stewart and Jason King have all been sidelined this season but the Sea Eagles have continued on their winning ways of the last decade.

After seven rounds, they are 5-2 and sit in third spot on the premiership ladder.

Brett Stewart was named on Tuesday in the Manly side to take on Canberra at Brookvale on Sunday despite being charged with drink driving the day before.

But the Sea Eagles are likely to also be without back-rower Anthony Watmough who is battling an elbow injury.

Those disruptions have been compounded by confirmation Glenn Stewart will leave the club at season's end to join South Sydney.

But Cherry-Evans, who has been named to make his return from a leg injury, said Manly like having the odds stacked against them.

"I strongly believe the Manly club faces adversity better than anyone else and the situation put in front of us this week I have not doubt we will rebound strongly and play our best football come Sunday," he said.

"I would like to think I am almost 100 per cent.

"The whole purpose of having the week off was to get me right and I would like to think I'm very close and it would be highly unlikely if I didn't play this weekend."

Winger Daniel Tupou (leg) returns for the Sydney Roosters for their traditional Anzac Day clash against St George Illawarra, with Trent Merrin lining up for his 100th game for the Dragons.

Ben Hampton gets another shot at the Melbourne five-eighth spot with Ben Roberts out with a knee injury for their Anzac Day meeting with the Warriors at AAMI Stadium. Warriors interim coach Andrew McFadden has recalled Feleti Mateo to his 17.

George Burgess and Ben Te'o return from suspension for South Sydney for the final Anzac Day game against Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.

Sam Thaiday is out for the Broncos with a calf injury.

Beau Ryan (neck) has been named on an extended bench for their Saturday afternoon match against Penrith at Remondis Stadium.

North Queensland coach Paul Green has dropped halfback Robert Lui for their fixture against Parramatta in Townsville. Ray Thompson moves into the halves alongside Johnathan Thurston.

Kade Snowden returns for the suspended Willie Mason for Newcastle as they take on Canterbury.

Wests Tigers interchange forward James Gavet will miss four weeks with a hamstring strain. His place in the Tigers' side for their Leichhardt Oval clash with Gold Coast has been taken by Sitaleki Akauola.

James MacSmith

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/no-foran-no-drama-says-cherryevans-20140422-372b6.html

That headline will cause a flurry of 'DCE dismisses Foran's value to Manly' rumours :p

Great to be back at Brookie in daylight hours :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
You'd need a feeler gauge to measure how far DCE is from being an out and out champion player. He also handles the media very well and is a credit to this club.

Really, i would only apply that comment to Foran being an out and out champion and DCE has a skillset to admire that is not being used to it's full potential yet if ever until he straightens up and plays more square.

Not going to help his game with the lack of forward grunt which makes it harder to play straight or run at the line so it will take guts to do so which Foran has in surplus amounts.

One person is a champion the other still has a fair way to go.

I sorta get the feeling DCE is a great player but will be a highest payer player. A few years here then off to where the coin is a rattling.

What's with the DCE bashing?
Two years ago he was very instrumental in our premiership win in his NRL rookie year. He had to wait behind Hodkinson whilst seeing a few of his U20 teammates get a decent crack at NRL well before him.
Apparently was on 85k whilst steering us around the park and within 2 years is now an incumbent SOO player and Kangaroo so why shouldn't he play catch up with the $$.

One minute he's touted as our future captain and now he's branded as being the catalyst to destroying our empire.

He's a professional footballer, well managed and media savvy - of course he'll be the go to man when it comes to interviews. As SER8 wrote, he's a credit to our club.
Should he answer "yeah, no ( add standard reply here).."

BJ answered in a similar vein last week but he's not copping it and I reckon he's quite entitled to be asking for an upgrade too.

StuBoot said:
What's with the DCE bashing?
Two years ago he was very instrumental in our premiership win in his NRL rookie year. He had to wait behind Hodkinson whilst seeing a few of his U20 teammates get a decent crack at NRL well before him.
Apparently was on 85k whilst steering us around the park and within 2 years is now an incumbent SOO player and Kangaroo so why shouldn't he play catch up with the $$.

One minute he's touted as our future captain and now he's branded as being the catalyst to destroying our empire.

He's a professional footballer, well managed and media savvy - of course he'll be the go to man when it comes to interviews. As SER8 wrote, he's a credit to our club.
Should he answer "yeah, no ( add standard reply here).."

BJ answered in a similar vein last week but he's not copping it and I reckon he's quite entitled to be asking for an upgrade too.

Yeah, not sure what's up with all the DCE bashing. I guess people think he is being greedy perhaps. Talk of a million dollar contract and all.

I think the Weedler interview made him seem a bit cold, but he has always being professional every time i have seen him on TV.

Technical Coach said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
You'd need a feeler gauge to measure how far DCE is from being an out and out champion player. He also handles the media very well and is a credit to this club.

Really, i would only apply that comment to Foran being an out and out champion and DCE has a skillset to admire that is not being used to it's full potential yet if ever until he straightens up and plays more square.

Not going to help his game with the lack of forward grunt which makes it harder to play straight or run at the line so it will take guts to do so which Foran has in surplus amounts.

One person is a champion the other still has a fair way to go.

That would be your feeler gauge then!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4