No hug from big George.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

captainskin

Reserve Grader
On Monday night as I watched all the Manly players giving each other the traditional and heart felt prematch hug:heart:, the last thing I saw before Fox cut away to another scene was George doing his round of hugs, but when he got to who I thought was DCE, both refrained from hugging one another. :huh:
Did anyone else notice this?
Was it DCE or another player?
Or possibly George and this other guy had already hugged each other in the beginning and weren't about to go around for seconds...

Sorry team, in a week of little news this is what it has come to - 'negative' posts on team embraces. ;)

I can't watch that metrosexual man loving (I love you Bro!) crap.
What's wrong with a handshake?:huh:

I was too busy being a man to notice

Hmmmm i didnt see it cos i dont have fox,but i just hope there is no bad blood between big george and cherry,especially after the push from george in the game afew weeks back.

Reading a little bit too much into it people. Anyway even if they didn't like each other its not the end of the world either.

Why would Manly fans speculate about such a thing on a public forum known to be trawled by journos that don't like Manly? Isn't that how damaging rumours start? By gossip based on guesswork and unfounded speculation? Quite weird, really.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Why would Manly fans speculate about such a thing on a public forum known to be trawled by journos that don't like Manly? Isn't that how damaging rumours start? By gossip based on guesswork and unfounded speculation? Quite weird, really.
I think you're in the need of a big hug yourself :p

I don't know, I think the team looks like it has plenty of chemistry within each other. I would like some more consistency / chemistry with all the injured players.....

I saw Glenn give Choc a pat on the bum but he didn't give one to Foran, I think something is wrong between them!!....Jesus

It's naive to think that everyone in a team is going to be best mates. All that matters is that they are able to work together.

lloydy said:
I saw Glenn give Choc a pat on the bum but he didn't give one to Foran, I think something is wrong between them!!....Jesus

I noticed that glenn didn't pat George on the bum either. Doing a bit of lip reading I think Glenn said something like my hands aren't big enough to pat that fat arse. Could there be an issue between them?

Ryan said:
I don't know, I think the team looks like it has plenty of chemistry within each other. I would like some more consistency / chemistry with all the injured players.....

Shame on you Ryan. Manly is a clean no drugs team.

vautin and cleal never got on, wasn't a problem on field, anyone who thinks there all best mates is stretching it. Except for footy what would Kite and Watmough have in common? It's a job, play, train, get paid and then retire.

Darren said:
vautin and cleal never got on, wasn't a problem on field, anyone who thinks there all best mates is stretching it. Except for footy what would Kite and Watmough have in common? It's a job, play, train, get paid and then retire.
Good point, very good point.

wombatgc said:
I can't watch that metrosexual man loving (I love you Bro!) crap.
What's wrong with a handshake?:huh:

Agreed. Next they'll be carrying condoms in their shorts. Or worse still - they won't.

I spoke to Brad Mackay in his heyday one summer holidays. He saw footy as a great career but that was all it was. He said losses never really affected him as you had to forget it and move on. He said it's a game in the end and players come and go. The fans took the losses worse than most players!

Even back then Ricky Stuart was hated by his teammates. Brad said that the origin boys etc would all be sitting round chatting and Ricky would always say something that cut deep, not the harmless cracks to each other. Always ended the chat he reckoned. Typically, he was a player that hated talking League.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8