No Jorge for last two rounds.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyforever08

Reserve Grader
Club statement just released:

"The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles will be without winger Jorge Taufua for the final two games of the regular season against Melbourne Storm and Penrith Panthers, both to be played at Brookvale Oval.

The Club’s decision, endorsed by the NRL today, encompasses the forfeiture of match payments and a suspended fine and relates to an off-season incident on the Gold Coast in late October.

After careful deliberation and a recent changing of legal firms, Jorge has chosen to plead guilty, but with strong mitigating circumstances.

At the time of the incident, the Club took no official sanction as the matter was under due investigative process and Jorge had not offered any plea. However after the latest consultation with his legal representative and the NRL, resulting in a guilty plea, the Club believes it is now appropriate to make an announcement.

"Since the incident, Jorge has shown unconditional remorse and regret, and has vowed to learn from such a setback,” General Manager David Perry said today.

"He has continued to meet outstanding and widespread community service for the Sea Eagles, including visits to school reading sessions, hospitals and homes for the disabled, less fortunate and under-privileged.

"Jorge has already completed an NRL Education Ambassador Training Day covering mental health and cultural awareness, personal brand, and professional and ethical decision making, as well as successfully participating in a NYC rookie camp on the values and awareness of alcohol-related issues."

Jorge has remained both deeply sensitive and pro-active after this one-off incident seeking counselling through the NRL’s endorsed counselling service.

“I have learnt so much from this unfortunate incident about the value of responsibility and it’s really helped me mature as a person. I’m deeply sorry and I hope that something positive can come from this matter,” Mr Taufua said today.

The Club and Jorge will make no further comment at this stage."

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Club-statement-regarding-Jorge-Taufua/83110

----

Hoping Farrar may finally get a run

I guess Hiku gets to play the last 2 games of the season.

Better to get this out of the way before finals.

Well let's hope Taufua is not a repeat offender. Glad he'll be back for week 1 of the finals campaign.

Snake at fullback (hopefully) & Hiku to slot onto the wing :)

Wolfie for top try scorer :D Although Killer is gaining on him:)

Hope that Jorge has learnt the lesson of respect for authority and his God given gifts :angel:

Well done to the Manly Club and NRL in speedily apportioning these sanctions.

Bummer. The guy's been a machine lately. Unfortunately he was a one off incident saliva machine early this year.
Be a good boy from now on Horhay.

Glad he didn't get cut as per the no d### policy. Very disappointing act and hopefully there will be no more to blight our famous club. Let's hope he now knows that he shouldn't spit on people. :idea:

‏@BuzzRothfield 16m
Now Jorge Taufua is pleading guilty to disgusting act of spitting on a police officer, gentleman Dave Simmons is my winger of the year

Hopefully Manly won't be too disadvantaged without him this weekend. Tries might be a little harder to come by down the left side. Hiku (who I guess will be his replacement) is coming along in leaps and bounds but not up to Taufua's standard (in attack) yet.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
‏@BuzzRothfield 16m
Now Jorge Taufua is pleading guilty to disgusting act of spitting on a police officer, gentleman Dave Simmons is my winger of the year

Now that is cruel punishment for Horhey indeed :p

Though in a team game the premiership is the ultimate goal, individual awards are nice. I think this has torpedoed his chance of winning the Dally M Winger of the year. Hopefully he learns from this and moves forward. disgusting act yes, but I feel for the kid

The best way for Jorge to repay the fans, clubs, and sponsors is too play the final 2 games!

Play him I say!

The Who said:
Well handled by the club.
I agree. The club can now be seen as being proactive in this situation, while keeping Jorge out for two weeks should'nt impact too much on our top four aspirations.

Unless Greenturd comes over the top and the NRL imposes another suspension to keep him out of the finals... Luckily the Blake Ferguson saga has taken some of the spotlight away from Jorge. It was a mistake, everyone makes them so long as he learns from it then alls good.

The sanctions were worked out with the NRL, so Jorge only has to worry about a conviction being recorded on September 3rd by the Courts.

UK and USA have strict Visa eligibility rules, so Jorge may have denied himself a chance to play in the World Cup due to his antisocial behaviour :(

Lets hope that as a first offender, they just give him a Good Behaviour Bond.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6