1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Lyon, no premeirship

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by swoop, Sep 7, 2012.

1. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,352 /24
    All the dogs 3 tries we on Lyon's side of the field. The first try should have been nullified by the the winger. In the 2nd half they exploited that side where Burher took Jamie's spot. Enough said, no Jamie no premiership.

2. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,018 /29
    Do we really have to read this negative dribble? You seem so certain, yet there are other variables at play in the event that Killer is out.

How about you channel that crack analytical mind of yours into coming up with some positive thoughts

• Like Like x 5
    • Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +6,848 /51
      Didn't Keating kick through and score under the posts ?? And Lyon was out there for the first try, in fact he let Morris run right past him.

• Like Like x 1
      • Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
        +509 /4
        yeah Swoop, pick your ball up and go home you sook..

• Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member

Bredbo
        Ratings:
        +2,557 /271
        Wrong, Jamie was impeded from making the tackle by a back peddling Whare.

• Like Like x 2
        • effnic

effnic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
          +215 /6
          Fml. These ppl are not real Manly fans. Piss these threads off. Fisrt loss in nearky 2 months and the cry babies come out.

• Like Like x 4
          • bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Junee
            Ratings:
            +4,867 /141
            You'd think we lost 46-10 instead of 16-10, we were still chance with 30 seconds to go.

If we had scored from that last play and kicked a field goal every one would be saying what a gutsy display without Jamie.

• torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
            +1,564 /28
            It was a close loss but Killer and Snake both need to be on the field for us to win the premiership imo.

• Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
            +6,848 /51
            Morris was already around Killer, all Whare did was get himself in a crap position to not make the tackle and give Morris the sideline. I'm not hating on Killer, it's just a fact, Morris beat him on the outside, Whare compounded it and turned it into a try.

• torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
            +1,564 /28
            Nah Whare got in Lyons way, Whare was to far infield and Lyon actually almost ran into him. The commentators actually pointed this out during the game.

• bennyeagle

bennyeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
            +267 /8
            Hopefully not as bad as first thought, a few concerns for next weekend though !

• swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
            +1,352 /24
            What, I can't have an opinion? Mind you I had a few drinks under my belt.
            Jamie hunted Morris towards the sideline and Whare got in Lyon's way and then ran straight around the winger. After Lyon went off they targeted his side of the field which makes good sense tactically. They made numerous breaks down that side. I concede I was wrong about the 3 tries being scored down our right side.

Jamie Lyon has been our best player all year. Our 2 tries were scored of the left and through the middle. Our usually potent right side suffered without Lyon which made it easier for the opposition to shut us down.

Lyon has more attacking prowess than just about anyone in the game. Yes, I'm disappointed about the result but without him I don't think we can go B2B. Having said that, I hope I have to eat my words.

• Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
            +726 /21
            Swoop's call is fair. I will not write us off completely if Lyon is missing but it sure makes going b2b very, very difficult.

• susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
            +2,355 /56
            Its not a negative call.matai is gone and if killer goes we simply will not win.That is just realistic.If you want any proof watch the knights and parra second halves where we had blokes out of position out wide.

We have a bunch of blokes who try their asses off every week and should be proud of them but history says titles require a healthy roster and we siimply cant lose two world class centres and win.Losing Lyon is like losing Slater and Barber.

• eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
            +494 /0
            Actually think it was then that he done it

• seaeagledave

seaeagledave Active Member

Ratings:
            +66 /2
            Not sure how we would cope with no Lyon and Matai. Whare to left centre. Oldfield to right wing. Who though to right centre? I think Ferris is a liability there. And we miss him around the ruck.