No More Monday Night Footy in 2009

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ssar

Bencher
No More Monday Night Footy in 2009..

I don't beleive they schedule any finals games for a Monday night so we can kiss it goodbye.

THANK FARK!
Such a stupid idea, let's hope they can it forever.

To be honest I don't mind the Monday night games most of the time. But that's cause I'm in Canberra so it doesn't really affect what games I can/can't make it to watch live.

it has grown on me a little bit to be honest but I wont miss it. Weekends are for footy

No changes next year according to Ms Magnay...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/lastminute-draw-an-option-annesley/2009/08/28/1251394590740.html

Interesting point if the option is indeed being considered is that at the members forum that was held at the SFS and hosted by Messrs Annersley and Gallop  prior tothe start of the season the major topic of complaint and discussion centred around members not knowing where and when games would be played for the season.

Both gentleman publicy and privately said this would be addressed as a matter of utmost importance when the new schedules and contract were being negotiated.

Of course I rarely believe what is said until I've seen it, felt it and smelt it but c'mon NRL give us fans a go here...?

I'm currently in a position that I will be going with 2 young kids and friends to a game the weekend after next...I don't know if I'm going to be in Sydney or Melbourne on the Friday (and if so whether I need to book 6 flights or none for the Friday or whether the kids will miss a day off school (again!) or not) or whether I will need to fly to the Gold Coast on the Saturday or even possibly somewhere else on the Sunday!!!

This after the not missing a game home or away all year of which has included planning logistics for trips around the grounds including 3 trips to QLD and 1 to MLB already

And they tell us they want more people to get to the games!!!!

Even if a fixed draw is only for the first two-thirds of the year (as outlined in Magnay's aticle) the issue is still about setting dates well in advance. There is certainly no talk of that. Looks like we are tied into tv execs deciding 4 to 5 weeks out again, and probably until 2012. From then on my guess is that it may be unlikely to change anyway based on what the NRL is saying.

I received the email survey that was mentioned in the NRL branding survey article in another post on here and one question was "Should News Limited still have ownership in the NRL" (or something similar?)

Hmmm...Had to have a think about that one long and hard!

I tend to agree MB that there will be no long range fixture dates/times set until the current contract expired and if that then continues it will be the clubs that will likely suffer as GA fans won't buy memberships (reserved seated ones will likely continue so they don't lose their favourite seats?) and will lean towards "walk up" if they feel like it, the weather is OK and it fits their schedules rather than lock in for 12 games to be played on some day at some time and in some cases at one of some several grounds.....

I have never like Monday night football. Its just a copy of the US idea.
Footy should be played Friday nights, Saturday and Sunday. You can be fully relaxed and enjoy it properly.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I like MNF if we are not involved, hate it if we are

exactly. Good for something to watch. But if manly is playing it's such a bitch to get there after work and I hate it.. Happy for it to continue though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4