No problem with Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
WHEN he’s at his best Brett Stewart is almost impossible to cover. But yesterday there was no escape for the Sea Eagles fullback as he got covered in mud to promote an unusual new event which is on next month.

George Rose and Brett Stewart yesterday. Picture: Braden Fastier

See more pictures of George Rose and Brett Stewart in their mud run-up.
Stewart and Manly teammate George Rose took some time out from their arduous pre- season training schedule to get down and dirty at the club’s base at the Sydney Academy of Sport at Narrabeen.
The pair were covered from head to toe in dirt ahead of the inaugural “Mud Run” adventure race to be staged at Glenworth Valley on December 5. Competitors will trawl through mudpits, bog holes and waist-high mud rivers over a distance of six or 12km with participants urged to raise funds for a charity of their choice.
Rose, who is likely to be named in the NRL Indigenous All Stars Team this morning, looked like he was enjoying himself in the muck.
“I thought it would be a bit yucky and stinky but it was alright,” the Sea Eagles prop said. “It felt really good on me.”
Event organiser Gary Farebrother said the race can be completed by anyone, from athletes as fit as Stewart to ones carrying a bit more bulk like Rose.
“We’re expecting a range of competitors from athletes to couch potatoes,” he said.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4